Details about UK-China PhD Placement Programme, 2016
UK-China PhD Placement Programme, 2016 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Health and life sciences, Food and water security, Environmental technologies, Energy. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 20 Sep 2016. This scholarship is provided by British Council and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, . This scholarship is open for: Open to UK and Chinese nationals.
UK-China PhD Placement Programme, 2016 offers placement programs to the UK and Chinese PhD students for a period of 3 to 12 months at higher education institutions in China or the UK.
- The applicant for UK-China PhD Placement Programme, 2016 should be Chinese or UK nationals or hold passports of the countries that have diplomatic relations with China.
- The candidates should be currently enrolled PhD students at higher education institutes in the UK or China.
- The UK students studying PhD at Chinese institutes and Chinese students studying at the UK universities are not eligible.
- The palcement program is availabe in the fields of Urbanization, Education and creative economy for economic development and social welfare, Health and life sciences, Food and water security, Environmental technologies, Energy.
- The UK-China PhD Placement Programme, 2016 applicants should upload a scanned copy of online registration form the China
- Scholarship Council with a passport photo and signature.
- The candidates are expected to submit their applications through online mode.
- The applications should include both the PhD student and his/her supervisor. Otherwise, the applications will not be considered.
- The applications should have recommendations from both receiving and sending supervisors and the official confirmation of receiving supervisor to host the student.
What does it offer?
- The UK government covers return airfare (economy class) and visa fees Up to £ 1,200, and medical insurance of £ 100.
- Living expenses, stipend, tuition fees offered by the UK government varies depending on the cities and institutes of the students.
- For placements in Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Beijing, living expenses offered by the UK government is £200/month and £450/month for the stipend.
- For placements in other cities in China living expenses offered by the UK government is £ 150/month and £350/month for the stipend.
- The PhD supervisors are offered Up to £ 1,200 for visa fees and return airfare (economy class) and medical insurance of £ 1,200 and living expenses and a stipend of £60/day and £40/day respectively.
- The applicants are assessed based on questions answered in the application form and the relation of their proposed research to one of the priority sectors.
- The research proposed by the candidate should be ODA eligible.
- The main objective of the research should be "social welfare and economic development of developing countries”.