Details about Fay Marles Scholarship 2023
Fay Marles Scholarship 2023 is offered for Masters, PhD degree in the field of All subjects offered by the university. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Nov 2023. This scholarship is provided by University of Melbourne and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, up to AUD 100,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to Australia and New Zealand nationals.
- Deadline: 30 Nov 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, up to AUD 100,000
About the Scholarship:
This scholarship is named after former Chancellor Ms Fay Marles in recognition of her strong commitment to social justice and human rights, and offered to research students from Australian Indigenous descent or students who are experiencing compassionate or compelling circumstances.
Eligibility for the Fay Marles Scholarship:
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents, or a New Zealand citizens.
- Candidates should be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent, identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, and be accepted as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander by the community in which they live, or formerly lived, and/or be experiencing compassionate or compelling circumstances (e.g. illness, a disability, carers responsibilities or personal hardship).
- Students must have received an offer for or be enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
This scholarship is offered to candidates with the highest ranking based on disadvantage experienced by the applicant, prior academic performance and research potential. Preference is given to commencing students who have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought, and current students who have at least 12 months (full-time equivalent) of candidature remaining.
- Living allowance of $37,000 per year pro rata (2024 full-time study rate)
- Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.