Education Loan for MDS in India
✓ A Dental career is waiting for you!
✓ Apply now through secured and unsecured lenders.
Speak with a Financial officer
Table of content
- Unsecured Education Loan for MDS in India
- Secured Education Loan for MDS in India
- Opportunities after MDS in India
- Eligibility to Apply for an Education Loan for MDS in India
- Top Colleges for MDS in India
- Documents required for Education Loan for MDS in India
- How to Apply for an Education Loan for MDS?
- Scholarships for MDS in India
- Need Help? Ask Here!
India’s Largest Study Abroad Funding Expo (SAFE) 2024
- Explore 26,000+ International Scholarships
- Instant Education Loan-pre approval with the lowest interest rate in India
An MDS degree short for a Master's in Dental Surgery is advanced education in dentistry after BDS. MDS can cost you between 5 to 10 lacs per year if you are going through private institutions in India. This cost can prove to be significant for aspiring MDS students.
The cost of pursuing MDS in India can be managed by taking an education loan. You can go for unsecured as well as secured education loans for MDS in India. Choose from different types of education loans for MDS by keeping in mind your requirements.
Unsecured Education Loan for MDS in India
Students wishing to pursue MDS in India can get up to 40 lacs as an unsecured education loan. The other features of the unsecured education loan schemes to study MDS in India are as mentioned below.
Up to 40 lacs
Fee to be paid to the university
Cost of accommodation
Life insurance premium
Starts from 9.55% P.A.
Duration of the course plus 6 or 12 months
10 to 15 years
1 to 2% of the loan amount depending on the lender.
Top Unsecured Education Loan Lenders for MDS in India
Here are the top lenders to pursue MDS in India
- ICICI Banks
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- State Bank of India
- IDFC Bank
- Axis Bank
- HDFC Credila
Secured Education Loan for MDS in India
Students can avail of up to 2 Cr secured education loans to study MDS in prestigious institutions in India. The other features of the education for MDS in India are listed in the below table.
Up to 2 Cr
Tuition fee for the university
Expenses for accommodation
Premium of insurance
Starts from 9.05% P.A.
Course period + 6 to 12 months
Up to 15 years
10k + 1800 GST or a percentage of the loan amount(varies from lender to lender)
Top Secured Education Loan Lenders for MDS in India
The following are the top lenders to go through for an education loan for MDS in India
Opportunities after MDS in India
A 3-year MDS in India will make you a professional in the field of dentistry and hence will provide ample opportunities. You will have opportunities both in the private and government sector.
Dental Surgeon: A dental surgeon performs oral treatments by specializing in advanced dental procedures and aesthetics. They are concerned with fitting dental prosthetics such as caps, bridges, crowns, and implants.
Clinical Research Scientist: The role of a scientist in clinical research involves investigations of different diseases and then finding their solutions. It is a high-paid job and will not run out of demand at least in the near future as new diseases emerge each day.
Teaching jobs: You can go for teaching professions as a lecturer or professor after completing MDS. An MDS will fetch you more salary compared to BDS if you join as a lecturer or a professor.
Eligibility to Apply for an Education Loan for MDS in India
To be eligible for an education loan for MDS in India, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Be an Indian Citizen
- Get admission into a recognized university for MDS in India through merit or through an entrance examination.
Top Colleges for MDS in India
Here are the top colleges to pursue MDS in India. Going through them will increase the value of your MDS by many folds:
- Government Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- Government Dental College and Research Institute - Karnataka, Bangalore
- Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, Delhi
- Ahmedabad Dental College, Ahmedabad
- Pt BD Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Rohtak
- AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore
- SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad
- College of Dental Sciences, Davangere
- Amrita School of Dentistry, Kochi
Documents required for Education Loan for MDS in India
The below list of documents will be required for you to get an education loan for MDS in India.
1. Application form:
- Bank’s application form along with 2 photographs and your signature (ask your WeMakeScholars financial officer for the application form)
2. Co-applicant and co-borrower’s documents
- Identity proof:
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Residence proof:
- Voter’s ID card
- Bank account statement
- Electricity or telephone bill
- Ration card
You will have to arrange two residency proofs if your current and permanent address is different.
- Documents of the co-applicant(6 months bank account statement)
- Must reflect salary credits if you are salaried
- Must reflect business transactions if you are self-employed
3. Applicant’s academic documents
- 10th, 12th, and degree mark sheets
- Breakdown of fee
- Proof of admission which reflects the total duration of the course
- Entrance exams scorecard
4. Co-applicant’s income documents
- Latest salary slips of 3 months
- Form 16 of the past 2 years
- ID card of the employer
- Latest 2 years ITR
- Latest 3 years of ITR
- Balance sheet along with profit and loss account of 3 years
- Business’s address proof
5. Other documents
- A letter in the form of a declaration that any amount other than the loan amount will be born by your co-applicant (format of the letter will be provided by the WeMakeScholars financial officer)
- A notarized joint affidavit with the co-borrower in the bank’s standard format (request your WeMakeScholars financial officer to provide the format of the letter)
6. Additional documents(optional)
- Advance payment slips of any payments made to the university
- Pending loan account statement of the last year.
- Explain through a Rs 100 stamp paper if you have had any gap in your studies (Format to be provided by your financial officer from WeMakeScholars)
7. Collateral Documents
They are required only if you are going for a collateralized loan. They also differ from state to state. Check the documents list according to the state you are applying from in the below list.
How to Apply for an Education Loan for MDS?
Students can apply for MDS by going directly to banks. However, this will take a lot longer, and also you will get an education loan at a much higher rate. Instead, you can go through WeMakeScholars for a faster loan process at a lower rate of interest than when you go directly through banks.
Why Choose WeMakeScholars For An Education Loan for MDS?
WeMakeScholars is an organization supported by the Ministry of IT, Government of India under the Digital India campaign. We are partnered with 14+ banks(Public/Pvt) and hence can provide you with multiple options for an education loan.
Better interest rates: We are partnered with public and private banks and hence can provide education loans at 0.5% to 2% lower rates of interest than when you go directly to banks.
Faster Loan process: We process an education loan in 50% lesser time than when you go directly through banks.
Tax benefits: Avail tax benefits on your education loan by taking guidance from WeMakeScholars financial officer.
Profile analysis: We carefully analyze your profile by taking into account the course and the university you are going to and then we suggest the best education loan schemes according to the details provided.
End-to-end support: We provide students with support during the sanction of their education loan. We also provide support to them post-sanction of the loan. We help them in dealing with all kinds of post-sanction issues.
Cashback: We offer a cashback of Rs 3000 to students who take an education loan through us.
How to Apply for an Education Loan for MDS through WeMakeScholars?
Follow the below-mentioned steps for a fast-paced education loan with a lower rate of interest through WeMakeScholars.
Step 1: Request a callback or fill out a common application form on our website.
Step 2: You will receive a callback from WeMakeScholars financial officer. Provide him/her with all the required details.
Step 3: The financial officer will analyze your profile and will inform you about the lenders you are eligible for an education loan.
Step 4: Choose your preferred lender and then upload or submit all the documents in the nearest branch.
Step 5: After the submission of all the required documents, you will receive a decision on your profile for an education loan within a specified timeline.
Step 6: After the approval of the loan, sign the loan agreement and receive your sanction letter.
Scholarships for MDS in India
Students confident of making their way through a scholarship can go through the following scholarships for MDS. They can also browse through the WeMakeScholars website for 166+ Dentistry scholarships for MDS in India.
Education Loan FAQs
Can I get a loan for MDS?
MDS is a prestigious course and hence banks prefer students going for MDS in India. You can get secured as well as unsecured education loans for MDS in India. Go through WeMakeScholars for a thorough analysis of your profile and for customized education loan lender suggestions.
How much education loan can I get for MDS?
Students going for MDS in India can get up to 2 Cr secured and 40 lacs unsecured education loans. However, getting the maximum amount from banks is a tedious process and hence you can go through WeMakeScholars.
Can I get an education loan without my parents?
Banks prefer students going for top courses like MDS. They can get a maximum loan of up to 40 lacs to study MDS in India. Banks generally need a co-applicant, however, if the student is going to a premier institution then the requirement for a co-applicant can be waived off.
Does an education loan cover all the expenses for MDS in India?
An education loan covers all the costs including education costs, living expenses, and other miscellaneous expenses like premiums for life insurance. You can know in detail about all the expenses covered under an education loan by talking to a financial officer from WeMakeScholars.
Our Education Loan team will help you with any questions
WeMakeScholars- supported by IT Ministry, Govt. of India.