Details about Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) PhD Fellowships 2023
Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) PhD Fellowships 2023 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Biomedical research. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, monthly stipend + travel allowances . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Degree: PhD
- Provided by: Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF)
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, monthly stipend + travel allowances
The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) awards PhD fellowships of 2 to 3.5 years to outstanding junior scientists worldwide who wish to pursue an ambitious PhD project in basic biomedical research in an internationally leading laboratory. The peer-review selection process evaluates the applicant's achievements, as well as the scientific quality of the project and host laboratory. The process is highly competitive, with less than 10% of applicants receiving a fellowship. On top of the monthly stipend, we offer our fellows seminars, travel allowances, individual and personal support, and a worldwide network of fellows and alumni.
Eligibility for the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds PhD Fellowships:
- The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) awards PhD fellowships to European citizens working in Europe or overseas and to non-European citizens pursuing their PhD projects in Europe.
- The age limit for the applicants is a maximum of 27 years.
- The PhD project of the candidate must be in the field of basic biomedical research and is aimed at elucidating basic biological phenomena of human life and acquiring new scientific knowledge.
- The candidates who are natural scientists should have been awarded their diploma, BSc, MSc or equivalent degree and the physicians, veterinary surgeons and pharmacists are expected to clear their state examinations.
- Presently, the applicant should not have been working on his/her project for more than 6 months.
- The candidate should include the title and summary of PhD project in a maximum of 1,400 characters.
- The summary of the final experimental thesis either bachelor, diploma or master thesis before embarking on the PhD project.
- List the publications if he/she is holding any.
- The certificates of all academic qualifications, also include the grades and certificates of professional education taken by the candidate prior to university.
- Recommendation letters from the supervisor of the PhD thesis, supervisor of the diploma or equivalent thesis.
- All the documents should be submitted in PDF format and should be written in English.
- The achievements and academics of the candidate are taken into consideration.
- The quality and originality of the proposed PhD project.
- The laboratory scientific standards in which the project is to be pursued are considered.