Details about DST-NRF Professional Development Programme (PDP)
DST-NRF Professional Development Programme (PDP) is offered for PhD, Post Doc degree in the field of Science and Technology, Human and Social Dynamics, Pharmacy, Energy and Climate Change . You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 29 Apr 2016. This scholarship is provided by National Research Foundation and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, R180 000 - R350 000 p.a depending on the applicant . This scholarship is open for: Open to South African citizens or permanent residents..
- Deadline: 29 Apr 2016
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, R180 000 - R350 000 p.a depending on the applicant
Eligibility criteria for Doctoral or Postdoctoral supervisors
- Should be listed as a supervisor within the block grant application.
- Candidate must be holding a part-time or honorary academic position at a South African public university.
- Candidate should be holding a full-time permanent position as a researcher at the host institution or should hold a contract position as a researcher for the full duration of the Block Grant.
- Applicants are expected to have a doctoral degree and experience in postgraduate supervision.
Eligibility criteria for PDP Doctoral students and Postdoctoral fellows
- The candidate should have received his/her master's degree and the master's degree should not be more than five years old. For the female applicants who are applying for postgraduate studies after a certain period of absence will have flexibility.
- For a PDP Postdoctoral Fellow, the candidate should have received his/her doctoral degree and the degree should not be more than five years old. For the female applicants who are applying for postgraduate studies after a certain period of absence will have flexibility.
- Full-time employees of public Research Institutions, Science Councils or National Facilities may not hold a PDP scholarship or fellowship.