Details about PhD Awards Machine Learning for Medical Imaging, 2021
PhD Awards Machine Learning for Medical Imaging, 2021 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Medical. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 31 Mar 2021. This scholarship is provided by University of Edinburgh and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Tuition Fees and Stipend . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Deadline: 31 Mar 2021
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Tuition Fees and Stipend
Medical Imaging plays a crucial role in improving public health for all populations. With the imaging techniques becoming more common and more advanced, ways of analysing medical images are increasingly needed to fully exploit the contained information. Machine leaning for medical imaging is now an important growth area. Therefore, University of Edinburgh has established PhD Awards Machine Learning for Medical Imaging, 2021 to provide opportunity for PhD researches to explore in the concept of Medical Imaging and its implications in health sector.
Project Description: The PhD research will explore the important topics of investigating machine learning solutions to improve the entire medical imaging workflow. Particularly, the research project will focus on equipping deep neural networks with the ability of knowing what they do not know and quantifying their risk of failures, i.e. quantification of uncertainty/confidence and explanation of its source.
Aim of the Project: The aim of the research is to allow better understanding of deep learning models and their predictions via uncertainty quantification, and also to enable a more robust and reliable medical imaging workflow for safer diagnosis and treatment.
Eligibility criteria for the PhD Awards Machine Learning for Medical Imaging, 2021:
- Applicants from all nationalities are eligible.
- Applicants must have minimum entry qualification - an Honours degree at 2:1 or above (or International equivalent) in a relevant science or engineering discipline, possibly supported by an MSc Degree.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic achievements.
- Applicants must be self-funded.
Benefits of the PhD Awards Machine Learning for Medical Imaging, 2021:
- Tuition fees plus stipend are covered for Home/EU students
- Only Tuition fees is covered for International students
Deadline of the PhD Awards Machine Learning for Medical Imaging, 2021:
The last date to apply for the PhD Awards Machine Learning for Medical Imaging, 2021 is 31st March 2021.