Details about Fraunhofer-Bessel Research Award 2024
Fraunhofer-Bessel Research Award 2024 is offered for PhD, Post Doc degree in the field of All courses offered by the university. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Always Open. This scholarship is provided by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, EUR 45,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals except Germany.
- Deadline: Always Open
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, EUR 45,000
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft for the Promotion of Applied Research e.V. and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to three research awards annually to internationally renowned academics from all non-European countries1 in recognition of their outstanding academic performance in applied research to date.
Eligible Fraunhofer-Bessel Research Award nominations are researchers whose outstanding academic qualification is internationally recognized and can be demonstrated through corresponding successes in applied research. Nominees must moreover offer a well-founded expectation of future outstanding academic achievements that will have a lasting impact on their discipline beyond their immediate research area.
Eligibility for individuals who got nominated for the Fraunhofer-Bessel Research Award :
- The nominated individual must have gained her/his doctorate no more than 18 years ago. An exception to this rule may be made where justified (e.g. in the case of career breaks to raise children).
- The nominee may not previously have received an award from the Humboldt Foundation for her/his academic work.
- The nominee must not yet have entered permanent employment in Germany at the time of selection.
- Must provide a personal statement
- Information regarding an invitation to Germany (maximum of two pages).
- A list of the nominee's important publications. (two pages maximum, including comments)
- List of publications by the nominated
Value of the Fraunhofer-Bessel Research Award:
- The award amount is €45,000.
- Award winners are also invited to conduct a research project of their choice at a research institution in Germany in cooperation with specialist colleagues there.
- The award enables a total stay of between six months and a full year, which can be split into multiple stays.
Deadline: There is no deadline. Nominations can be filed online at any time. When making plans, keep in mind that the selection committee only meets twice a year (in March and October). Preparing a selection committee meeting, which includes processing the specific nomination and getting peer evaluations, takes around six months.