Details about ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Programme in Europe, 2019
ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Programme in Europe, 2019 is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Multiple Sclerosis. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 31 Mar 2019. This scholarship is provided by European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, €55,000/annum stipend . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Degree: Post Doc
- Provided by: European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS)
- Deadline: 31 Mar 2019
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, €55,000/annum stipend
ECTRIMS offers a postdoctoral research fellowship exchange programme for young neuroscientists to facilitate their conduct of and training in basic, clinical or applied research related to multiple sclerosis (MS). Maximum of two fellowships will be awarded each year.
Eligibility for ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Programme in Europe, 2019:
- Scientists and physicians who hold or are candidates for an MD, Ph.D., ScD or equivalent professional degree are eligible.
- Candidates must have received their advanced degree(s) prior to initiation of the fellowship.
- At the time of application, fellows should have no more than one year of prior postdoctoral training at the same host institution/mentor. More senior candidates may have no more than 5 years total of postdoctoral experience beyond their final degree (Ph.D., MD, ScD or equivalent) at the time of application.
- In general, successful applicants will be less than 40 years of age at the time of application; exceptions under special circumstances will be considered.
- Citizens of any country are eligible to apply to this programme; however, postdoctoral research training must be undertaken in a European laboratory or clinic.
Duration of award(s):
- Fellowships of 1 or 2 years duration will be available.
- Fellowships of shorter duration than 1 year will be considered only under special circumstances, which must be detailed in the application process.
- In most circumstances, fellowships will be initiated to coincide with the fall academic year initiation.
ECTRIMS Research Fellowships will be awarded in a competitive review process conducted by members of the ECTRIMS Research Fellowship Review Committee. Applications will be evaluated based on the:
- candidate qualifications, educational history, and evaluation of career plan
- qualifications and characteristics of the proposed fellowship mentor and host institution
- the proposed research plan, including assessment of the scientific quality, innovation, perceived feasibility, quality of letters of endorsement from the proposed mentor and from referees at the fellow’s home institution, etc.
Value of ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Programme in Europe, 2019:
- The fellowship will provide an annual stipend of €55,000 for all fellows.
- The stipend is intended to accommodate living wages to the fellow; no cost-of-living increase is expected in the second year of a two-year fellowship period.
- Healthcare benefits and other benefits are expected to be provided by the host institution.
- It is expected that the actual research to be undertaken at the host institution will be supported by the host institution/mentor.
Deadline for ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Programme in Europe, 2019:
- The last date to apply for the ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Programme in Europe is 31st March 2019.
Note: The ECTRIMS Fellowship Review Committee will review all proposals during the early winter of each year; notification of the review outcomes will be made by March 15 of each year, to facilitate logistics involved in relocation by the following fall of each academic year.