Details about ICI Fellowships
ICI Fellowships is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Core Project Errans. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 17 Jan 2018. This scholarship is provided by ICI Berlin and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, EUR 1900 to 2100 per month. . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Deadline: 17 Jan 2018
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, EUR 1900 to 2100 per month.
The ICI Berlin grants stipendiary fellowships (hereafter simply ‘ICI Fellowships’) for individuals to carry out projects related to the Institute’s core projects and participate in the Institute’s intellectual life.
Eligibility for :
- All disciplines, fields, and nationalities are welcome. Applicants must have completed their education (BA, MA, or PhD) within ten years of the date of appointment. Fluency in English is required; some German language skills would be desirable.
- ICI Fellowships are announced for a particular core project and often also focus. Applications not responding to an announcement, which may include further eligibility or selection criteria, cannot be considered.
Number of awards offered: Ten post-doctoral fellowships will be available.
Duration of award(s):
- The fellowships announced are for the academic years 2018-20 (10 September 2018 – 17 July 2020).
- There is no age limit, but applicants should have obtained their Ph.D. within ten years of the date of appointment or have fulfilled all requirements for receiving their Ph.D. by 1 March 2018.
- ICI Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis.
- Applications are evaluated by a selection committee, which may call upon external referees at its discretion.
- The selection is foremost based on the applicant’s qualification, the quality of the project and its relevance for the Institute’s core project.
- The selection will also depend on the financial resources of the ICI Berlin and the aim of forming an interdisciplinary, thematically balanced team and of advancing diversity and equal opportunity in research.
Value of fellowship:
- Fellowship provides a stipend of EUR 1900 to 2100 per month.
- It includes the use of an equipped, shared office and of library facilities and is paid as a subsidy to living expenses, not as remuneration for the fellow’s research.
- It does not oblige the fellow to work for the Institute as an employee.
Note: Applicants will be notified of the selection committee’s decision via e-mail within three months of the application deadline. A justification of the decision will not be given.