Details about AKS Graduate Fellowship
AKS Graduate Fellowship is offered for Masters, PhD degree in the field of Korea/Korean studies. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 20 Nov 2015. This scholarship is provided by The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, A monthly stipend of KRW900,000 + Travel Fare . This scholarship is open for: Open to international students.
- Deadline: 20 Nov 2015
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, A monthly stipend of KRW900,000 + Travel Fare
The Graduate School of Korean Studies(GSKS) in the Academy of Korean Studies is a research-oriented graduate institute established in 1980. AKS specialize in the fields of humanities and social sciences pertaining to Korea with the aim of nurturing eminent scholars of Korean studies who would search for the essence of Korean culture and contribute to the advancement and globalization of Korean studies. About 290 students including 130 international students from 37 countries are currently enrolled in master's and doctoral degree programs, enjoying close one-to-one guidance by professors which our 1:4 faculty-student ratio enables.
The AKS Graduate Fellowship is one of the non-degree programs which invites and supports international students for six months, providing them with a momentum to grow to be a next generation of promising scholars in Korean studies and to play a leading role in the field abroad. Applications for the 2016 AKS Graduate Fellowship for the period from 1 March 2016 to 31 August 2016 (or from 1 September 2016 to 28 February 2017) are now being sought. Those who aspire to widen and deepen their knowledge of Korea by conducting research at the graduate school in one of the most dynamic countries in the world are very welcome to apply.
- Nationality:An applicant must be a foreign national or a Korean national who has completed education outside of Korea which is compatible with Korea’s elementary, middle, high school and college education.
- Educational Background:As of the application deadline, applicants must meet one of the following conditions:Applicants are enrolled in a master’s or a doctoral degree program at an overseas university; Applicants completed coursework and are in the status of ABD (All But Dissertation) in a master’s or a doctoral degree program at an overseas university; Applicants were conferred a master’s degree at an overseas university.
- Residence: As of the application deadline, applicants must reside in a foreign country outside of Korea.
- Research Topic: An applicant’s research topic should pertain to Korea/Korean studies.