Details about UN University PhD Programme
UN University PhD Programme is offered for PhD degree in the field of Innovation, Economics and Governance for Development . You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Feb 2016. This scholarship is provided by United Nations University and the value of this scholarship is Only tuition fees, First year: €7000 and Subsequent years: €2500 . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Deadline: 15 Feb 2016
- Scholarship value: Only tuition fees, First year: €7000 and Subsequent years: €2500
PhD programme is a multidisciplinary course offered by UNU-MERIT and its School of Governance. The programme focuses on research skills and methods, training fellows to become both scholars and practitioners in the fields of governance and the economics of technology. During their first year, fellows complete a basic, compulsory training programme conducted by leading scholars of the host and partner universities. These courses are taught in Maastricht and spread across two semesters. Taught entirely in English, this is an annual Maastricht-based programme which starts on 1 September. At the end of the programme, the doctoral degree is awarded by Maastricht University upon successful defence of the thesis.
The following tuition fees are applicable to those enrolled in the PhD programme for the 2015-2016 academic year: First year: €7000 and Subsequent years: €2500. The tuition fee includes all programme-related costs. This excludes books, specific research costs, travel costs, accommodation, and visa or residence permit costs.
Applicant must have:
- a Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, including: economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences or public health
- basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science and/or law, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (native speakers of English and students who received their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt). Maastricht University’s TOEFL code is 7102.
Number of award(s) offered: Each year university will distribute a limited number of scholarships among the accepted fellows.