Details about New Zealand Government-TeachNZ Graduate Scholarships, 2019
New Zealand Government-TeachNZ Graduate Scholarships, 2019 is offered for Bachelors, Masters, Diploma degree in the field of Teaching . You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 22 Feb 2019. This scholarship is provided by New Zealand Government and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, $10,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to citizens and permanent residents of New Zealand.
- Deadline: 22 Feb 2019
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, $10,000
The New Zealand Government is offering scholarships to become a teacher of te reo Māori in secondary schools or wharekura. Two types of scholarships are available: Tipu Whakarito Te Reo Māori and Te Waka Whakarei. Tipu Whakarito Te Reo Māori scholarships are offered to those intending to teach te reo Māori as a subject in secondary schools. Te Waka Whakarei is offered to those wanting to teach a secondary subject in te reo Māori in wharekura.
Eligibility for New Zealand Government-TeachNZ Graduate Scholarships, 2019:
- The candidates applying for TeachNZ Graduate Scholarships, under the New Zealand Government, 2019 should be citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand.
- The applicants should have been offered a place in a graduate diploma or /Master of Secondary Teaching.
- The candidates are required to have a proficiency in te reo Māori meeting the requirements of the tertiary provider.
- The applicants are expected to have leadership experience.
- The candidates applying for Tipu Whakarito Te Reo Māori should have a degree or graduate diploma with a minimum of one 300-level paper in Māori studies, development, language, culture or society.
- A degree or graduate diploma with specialist secondary subject content at the 300-level in that qualification, for teaching to a senior level is required for the applicants for Te Waka Whakarei.
- The applicants should have the support of iwi and/or Māori leaders in their community.
Documents required for TeachNZ Graduate Scholarships:
- The applicants for TeachNZ Graduate Scholarships, 2019 should submit a curriculum vitae and proof of their residency status.
- The candidates should also submit proof of their name and date of birth and contact details.
- The applicants are required to submit their qualifications and academic history and should state their ethnicity.
- A tertiary provider declaration from their HOD or program director should also be submitted.
Value of the TeachNZ Graduate Scholarships:
- The recipients of TeachNZ Graduate Scholarships, 2019 get course fees for one year and an allowance of up to $10,000.
Deadline for New Zealand Government-TeachNZ Graduate Scholarships, 2019:
- The last date to apply for New Zealand Government-TeachNZ Graduate Scholarships is 22nd February 2019
*NOTE: TeachNZ Graduate (Secondary) Scholarship has now been merged with the Te Reo Māori (Secondary or Wharekura) Scholarship.