Details about Allan Gray Scholarship
Allan Gray Scholarship is offered for High/Secondary School degree in the field of High school . You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Oct 2015. This scholarship is provided by The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Tuition fees + Boarding fees . This scholarship is open for: Open to South African citizens.
- Deadline: 30 Oct 2015
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Tuition fees + Boarding fees
The Foundation offers high school scholarships to learners who demonstrate the potential to excel academically, and who have the desire to fully engage in available opportunities. Scholarship recipients, known as Allan Gray Scholars, receive funding for high school tuition. It is the Scholarship’s vision to develop a community of young entrepreneurially minded leaders so that Scholars will become Candidate Fellows or gain access to university. The Scholarship was created to broaden the pool of Fellowship applications from those who are able to demonstrate financial need in Southern Africa. The Scholarship focuses on the development of intellectual imagination, encouragement of personal initiative, infusion of spirit of significance, courageous commitment and pursuit of excellence.
Eligibility: The following criteria apply:
- Applicant must be in Grade 6 this year (2015)
- A minimum of 70% in English and Mathematics (Grade 5-6)
- A minimum of 70% in Numeracy and Literacy in the Annual National Assessments (ANA)
- Demonstrate financial need
- The applicant has to be a South African citizen
- Certified copies of all required documentation
- Demonstrate the following entrepreneurial characteristics: intellectual imagination: enjoys being creative and innovative; achievement excellence: sets high standards for self; courageous commitment: must be courageous and determined, brave and persistent; spirit of significance: wants to impact others and make a difference and personal initiative: prepared to take action to address challenges