Details about Intra ACP Academic Mobility Doctoral Research Scholarships
Intra ACP Academic Mobility Doctoral Research Scholarships is offered for PhD degree in the field of Agriculture, Climate change, Engineering and Health. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Sep 2015. This scholarship is provided by Regional University Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Scholarship worth a maximum of US$8,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to all African citizens.
- Degree: PhD
- Provided by: Regional University Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM)
- Deadline: 30 Sep 2015
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Scholarship worth a maximum of US$8,000
About the Scholarsihp: The purpose of these scholarships is to support students who do not have adequate finances to complete their thesis research work. The scholarship also aims at enabling the students to discuss their results with the communities they worked with and to share their research results at the RUFORUM 2016 Biennial Conference. The call is open to students registered in any of the following Intra ACP Academic Mobility programmes:
- Sharing Capacity to Build Capacity for Quality Graduate Training in Agriculture in African Universities (SHARE)
- Inter-University Cooperation to Train Crop Scientists for Enhancing Agriculture in Africa (CSAA)
- Transdisciplinary Training for Resource Efficiency and Climate Change Adaptation in Africa II (TRECCAfrica II)
- Mobility to Enhance Training of Engineering Graduates in Africa (METEGA)
- Partnering for Health Professional Training in African Universities (P4PHT)
Criteria For Selection:The following criteria will apply;
- Evidence of having successfully completed coursework, where applicable
- Evidence of research so far done and clear indication of what remains to be done
- Appropriateness/relevance and contribution to RUFORUM objectives.
- A clear outline of the publications to be produced and the dissemination strategy to communities, academia and, where appropriate, to service agencies, partners and policy-makers. This should include the thesis and at least 2 articles in a refereed journal and various pamphlets, policy briefs and feedback workshops, as appropriate.
- A support letter from your supervisor, and preferably endorsed by the Dean, indicating that your studies are on track and that they expect you to complete within one year of receipt of funding.
Scholarship Value: The Award for this Call is a maximum of US$8,000 broken down as follows: Research $5,000; Conference $2,000; Supervision $500, and Journal Publication $500.