Details about Chief S.L Edu Research Grants
Chief S.L Edu Research Grants is offered for PhD degree in the field of Nature conservation and sustainable livelihood. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Nov 2018. This scholarship is provided by Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Research grant . This scholarship is open for: Open to citizens of Nigeria.
- Deadline: 30 Nov 2018
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Research grant
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation with support from Chevron Nigeria Limited offers research grants to Nigerian citizens wishing to undertake research work in fields related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood. The grant shall be for three years leading to a PhD degree. Candidates will be selected based on (among others) the quality of their research proposal.
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- Candidates must have M.Sc. Degree or equivalent qualification in Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Law (Environmental Law/Protection) but related to environmental resources management.
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian university towards a PhD degree in any of the fields stated in No. 2 above.
- Candidates must develop acceptable research proposals that meet NCF’s vision and mission.
- Proposals must have correlation with local and national environmental conservation challenges and issues.
- A progress report (on letter head paper) from the applicant’s Project Supervisor(s) stating how far he or she has gone in his or her research work and his/her role in the initial review, as well as the relevance to the objectives of the grant is a very essential condition for considering any application. Please note that a reference letter is an equivalent of a Progress Report from the Supervisors(s).
- 200-word justification, with relevance to natural and environmental resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- A 3,000-word project proposal to be submitted should reflect the Title, Introduction/Statement of Problem, Objectives, Methodology and Expected Output etc.
- Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages detailing research and work experience).
- Scanned copy of admission letter.