Details about Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowship at McGill University 2023
Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowship at McGill University 2023 is offered for PhD degree in the field of All courses offered by the university. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 25 May 2023. This scholarship is provided by McGill University and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, up to $35,000 per year . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Degree: PhD
- Provided by: McGill University
- Deadline: 25 May 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, up to $35,000 per year
Established in 2000 through a very generous gift from Dr. Richard H. Tomlinson, these fellowships are awarded annually by Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) to recruit outstanding students into Doctoral degree programs. They are GPS' most prestigious internal award. Tomlinson Scholars usually go on to win other prestigious awards like Vaniers or CGSDs.
- Applicants must be incoming students accepted into a doctoral degree at McGill University with a start date of Fall 2023.
- Students currently enrolled at McGill, or whose latest degree was completed or in progress at McGill, are ineligible.
- Former McGill students who later completed a graduate degree elsewhere may apply.
- Visiting students at McGill, who are completing the requirements for a degree from another university, may apply.
- Applicants must be with a first class academic record.
- McGill considers a first class GPA to be 3.7 (or 3.5 in Law) in each of the last two (2) years of full-time study at the undergraduate and post-graduate level.
- The Application Form
- Two letters of reference
- Provide letters from two external referees commenting on the applicant's academic/research accomplishments and potential. Referees to send the letters directly to the academic unit.
- Proposed supervisor's statement commenting on:
- How the applicant's proposed project integrates with the supervisor's research program.
- Source(s) of funding available for the research program.
- Available resources, such as space, facilities, equipment, and access to required expertise.
- All official transcripts or certified copies from university level studies (graduate and undergraduate).
Tomlinson Scholars who accept a fellowship from an agency external to McGill (federal or provincial) will be entitled to one-half the full value of the Tomlinson Fellowship up to a maximum of $50,000 total, per year.