Details about Parliament Of Australia Summer Research Scholarship Program,
Parliament Of Australia Summer Research Scholarship Program, is offered for Research Fellow/ Scientist degree in the field of Research a subject relevant to the Parliament. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Nov 2023. This scholarship is provided by Parliament of Australia and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, AUD 1,800 . This scholarship is open for: Open to citizens and permanent residents of Australia.
- Deadline: 01 Nov 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, AUD 1,800
The Parliament of Australia is offering research scholarships to honors and postgraduate students from Australian tertiary institutions to undertake research at the Parliamentary Library in Canberra.
The research topics should be one or more of Democracy and democratic institutions, Historical aspects of Australian public policy, Governance, and public administration, Topical policy issues of interest to the Australian Parliament, including social, Indigenous, economic, science, technology, environmental, resources, foreign affairs, defense or security policy, Laws and lawmaking, Elections, electoral issues and systems, Parliamentary procedures or practices, Constitution and constitutional law, Political biography, history and philosophy, Parliamentary committees, Political organizations and movements, Political representation.
- The candidates applying for the Parliament of Australia Summer Research Scholarship program should be citizens and permanent residents of Australia.
- The applicants should be honors and postgraduate students from Australian tertiary institutions.
- The candidates should have started or completed at least one year of postgraduate study.
- The applicants for the Parliament of Australia Summer Research Scholarship program should submit a curriculum vitae including study and work details, previously held research awards, and a list of unpublished and published work.
- The candidates should also submit undergraduate and postgraduate transcripts and a research proposal including an outline, of how it relates to Commonwealth Parliament work, a bibliography, and outcomes of the research in 1000 words.
- The candidates should also submit two professional or academic referee reports.
- The candidates applying for the Parliament of Australia Summer Research Scholarship program are assessed based on the research proposal's quality, the applicants' research skills, and their ability to work in a research environment.
- The applicants are also evaluated based on their communication and writing skills and their ability to work within the deadlines.
Value of the scholarship
- The recipients get an honorarium of $1,800 as a one-off amount at the end of the six-week placement.
- The recipients also get access to the collections and facilities of the Parliamentary Library and an opportunity to gain work experience in the parliamentary environment.