Details about The Bill Walsh Scholarship 2022
The Bill Walsh Scholarship 2022 is offered for Bachelors, Masters degree in the field of Journalism ( Editing ). You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Nov 2022. This scholarship is provided by ACES: The Society for Editing and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, $3,500 plus financial aid . This scholarship is open for: Open to all Nationals.
- Deadline: 15 Nov 2022
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, $3,500 plus financial aid
- Applicants for all ACES scholarships must be seeking degrees as enrolled college/university juniors, seniors, or graduate students during the fall term of 2022, and demonstrate an interest in editing as a career. Scholarships are awarded without regard to the student’s nationality, residence, or field of academic concentration.
- The Walsh scholarship will go to an applicant who aspires to edit news and who demonstrates the talent and passion for language that Bill Walsh devoted his career to. Applicants for the other five scholarships should have a commitment to the editing of written materials and demonstrate effectiveness in doing so.
- We’re looking for critical thinkers who have a passion for words and enjoy making writing clear, accurate, and engaging. A student may simultaneously seek both the Walsh award and one of the other five scholarships.
- Previous scholarship winners are not eligible
How to apply
The scholarship program is administered (but not judged) by two members of the ACES Education Fund Board, Lisa McLendon and Alex Cruden. Judging of the applications is done by two separate panels of five people each. The selection of winners is a two-step process. In December, the judges choose the finalists, who then take a timed editing test in early January. Test results are then added to the applicants’ portfolios, and a re-judging decides the winners.