Details about Fulbright Slavic Award, 2022-23
Fulbright Slavic Award, 2022-23 is offered for Research Fellow/ Scientist degree in the field of Culture and history of Poland and East-Central Europe. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 18 Jan 2022. This scholarship is provided by Polish-U.S. Fulbright Commission and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Travel allowance + living expenses + Relocation & Research allowances . This scholarship is open for: Open to students of Poland.
- Deadline: 18 Jan 2022
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Travel allowance + living expenses + Relocation & Research allowances
Eligibility for Fulbright Slavic Award, 2022-23:
- Fulbright Slavic Award, 2022 is open for scholars working in Polish academic institutions and who wish to teach at the University of Washington or the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- The applicants must specialize in the culture and history of Poland and East-Central Europe.
- Applicants of Fulbright Slavic Award, 2022 must be Polish citizens who do not possess permanent residence in the US (green card) or dual Polish and U.S. citizenship.
- At least a Ph.D. degree and a position of an Assistant Professor level or higher in Poland institutions must be possessed by the applicants.
- All the J-1 visa formal requirements must be met.
- Good command of the English language is expected.
- Applicants must not be residing in the U.S while applying and must not have resided in the U.S for the past five years.
- Applicants who have no substantial recent experience will be preferred.
- The university of Washington in Seattle:
- Applicants wishing to teach at the University of Washington in Seattle will be awarded a grant for 6-9 months depending on the availability of scholars.
- Award recipients are required to teach one course per quarter i.e four hours per week for undergraduates / postgraduate students and must have a minimum of two office hours per week.
- They are also required to organize a Polish booth at FIUTS Cultural Fest and so must collaborate with the Polish Student Association.
- The university of Illinois at Chicago:
- Applicants wishing to teach at the University of Illinois at Chicago will be awarded a grant for 4 months.
- Two courses must be taught by the grantees of the Fulbright Slavic Award, 2022, one for undergraduates and the other for postgraduates.
- It would be preferred (but not mandatory) if the syllabi topics are associated with Russian culture.
- Detailed syllabi of courses proposed and bibliography in the MLA style.
- Proof of employment at a Polish Institution
- Proof of English language proficiency at the C1 level or higher
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Project statement
- Address form, data processing consent form, and checklist
The value of the Fulbright Slavic Award, 2022:
- Membership in the International Exchange Alumni network
- Visiting Scholar status
- Ongoing support
- Scholarship (Travel allowance of up to $1500 for a round-trip to the U.S., the cost of living expenses, research/conference allowance, relocation/settling-in allowance, allowance for one dependent family member (dependent must be with the grantee for at least 80% of the duration).
- J-1 visa for the grantee and J-2 visas for the dependants
- Medical insurance
Deadline for Fulbright Slavic Award, 2022-23:
- The last date to apply for Fulbright Slavic Award is 18th January 2022.