Details about California State University, Sacramento- California Senate Fellows (CSF) Program in US, 2022
California State University, Sacramento- California Senate Fellows (CSF) Program in US, 2022 is offered for Training & Short courses degree in the field of Insight into legislative process through experiential learning. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by California State University, Sacramento and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, $2,627/monthly stipend plus full health, vision and dental benefits. . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals(except for J1, F1 visa and work permit that requires E-verify system participation).
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, $2,627/monthly stipend plus full health, vision and dental benefits.
Applications are invited for the California Senate Fellows Program to provide insight into the legislative process through experiential learning. It offers college graduates a paid, full-time legislative staff position in the State Capitol. Responsibilities include helping develop legislative proposals, researching and analyzing bills, responding to constituent inquiries, and writing press releases and speeches.
Eligibility for California State University, Sacramento- California Senate Fellows (CSF) Program in the US, 2022:
- Be at least 20 years of age by September 1st of the fellowship year.
- Have a bachelor’s degree by September 1st of the fellowship year and a demonstrated interest in state government and public policy.
- Undergraduate CGPA of 2.5 or above or a GPA of 2.5 or above in last 60 and 90 units.
- Be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of the program under a permit that does not require participation in the E-verify system.
Number of award(s):
- Eighteen California Senate Fellows will be selected.
Duration of award(s):
- Fellows will be selected to serve as full-time Senate staff for 11 months beginning in October.
- The Selection Committee, composed of two university and seven Senate representatives, selects the most qualified applicants for the program based on a written application and subsequent interview. Committee members look for:
- Genuine interest in California politics and public policy
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and bipartisan collaboration
- Characteristics of collaborative learning and problem-solving including flexibility, initiative, adaptability, and maturity
- Academic and professional achievement
- Interest in and knowledge of the California legislative branch
- Demonstrated track record of civic engagement
Value of California State University, Sacramento- California Senate Fellows (CSF) Program in the US, 2022:
- The California State University system provides the fellows with a unique position of having dual status as a CSU employee and graduate student. This combined status offers a unique combination of benefits.
- Monthly stipend of $2,627
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid university enrollment and student fees
- Student loan deferment
- Six graduate units
- Student and staff campus privileges