India’s Largest Study Abroad Funding Expo (SAFE) 2024
- Explore 26,000+ International Scholarships
- Instant Education Loan-pre approval with the lowest interest rate in India
Mathematics, as one of the most important disciplines in the world of education, has gradually evolved into a field that has recently attracted a lot of attention due to its vast curriculum and validity in the global economy.
As a result, MSc Applied Mathematics has become one of the most popular courses among those seeking to advance their careers in fields that need a scientific and economic approach.
What is a Master of Science in Applied Mathematics? Applied mathematics is a discipline of mathematics that deals with the application of practical approaches to specific fields. Students pursuing this degree may expect to learn about how math links to a variety of professions, including computer technology, industry, business, engineering, and science. You can also learn to apply mathematical concepts to real-world situations by researching and constructing mathematical models that address challenges in economics, game theory, and other fields.
- This course duration is typically 2 years (4 semesters)
- MSc in Applied Mathematics is applied by individuals aspiring to study Ph.D. or looking for extensive education studies in this subject
- This program is offered on a full-time as well as a part-time basis in a university abroad
- Skills required to pursue MSc in Applied Mathematics
- Analytical skills
- Logical thinking
- Interpretation skills
Entry requirements for MSc in Applied Mathematics
- English proficiency test: IELTS, TOEFL or PTE
- Bachelor’s degree with mathematics as the main subject from a recognized university
- GRE is however not compulsorily required but is acknowledged at many universities as an advantage
- Letter of Recommendation
- College Transcripts
MSc in Applied Mathematics -Syllabus
- Applied Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Elements of Probability and Statistics
- Advanced Courses on Differential Equations
- Measure and Integration
- Functional Analysis
- Non-Linear Programming
- Fluid/Classical Mechanics
- Real and Complex Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
- Dynamical Systems
Top 10 universities for MSc in Applied Mathematics
Université de Paris
Best countries to pursue MSc in Applied Mathematics
The United States of America
The USA has many universities offering this course. Therefore, your options for sending applications for a Master in Applied Mathematics in the USA are broad.
Universities in Canada are globally acclaimed for their standard of offered courses. Following are some of the top universities in Canada that offer an MSc in Applied Mathematics.
- University of Toronto
- University of Alberta
- University of Waterloo
- Simon Fraser University
- Queen's University
The United Kingdom
The United Kingdom is also counted among the top destinations offering high-quality education. Mathematics is one of the strong suits of UK universities.
- University of Manchester
- Imperial College London
- University of Glasgow
- The University of Edinburgh
- London School of Economics and Political Science
Applied Mathematics and Statistics is the most offered subject of Mathematics in universities of this country. Germany is also cheaper comparatively.
- Technische Universität München
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- RWTH Aachen University
- Saarland University
- Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen
Career Prospects for MSc in Applied Mathematics
Graduates of this program will be able to bring the usage of mathematics and simulations into a multitude of applications. With their learning, graduates can get a job in various fields and can work as-
- Quantitative specialist in a bank or insurance company
- Research scientist
- Professor in college
- Business analyst
- Teachers in private coaching institutions
- Prepare for C.A.
Options are not ended with these, work hard but work as per your interest. One can also further study Ph.D. that will provide you with research-based information and better job opportunities.