Everything you need to know about Mitacs Globalink Internship
Are you an undergraduate student from Australia, Brazil, China, France, India, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia or Vietnam? How would you like to be considered for a 12-week research internship opportunity in Canada?
Mitacs Globalink Internship is a great opportunity for international undergraduate students who want to develop their research expertise, professional skills and international experience. Each year between May and September, Mitacs brings top-ranked applicants to do research at Canada’s top universities. Globalink Research interns participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of outstanding professors of Canadian universities, work with research associates and graduate students, and experience an unparalleled educational, social and international exposure the program offers.
The eligible candidates for the internship can apply here
For Mitacs Globalink Internship May to September 2016, applications are solicited from July to September 2015.
- May to June 2015
Professors submit research proposals to Mitacs Globalink Internship. Research proposals are screened and selected, and made available to prospective student applicants in an online database.
- July to September 2015
International students select research projects of their interest from the online database and submit their applications along with statement of research interests, CV, transcripts, and references.
- October to December 2015
Professors shortlist the applicants based on their profiles and research interests. The professors may contact and interview the applicants in some cases.
- January to April 2016
Professors arrange pre-project details with their selected students while Mitacs coordinates with the host universities and oversees logistics.
- May to September 2016
Globalink Research Interns arrive in Canada and work with their supervising professors for a 12-week period.
International undergraduate students at accredited universities in the following countries are eligible to apply for Mitacs Globalink Internship:
- Be enrolled full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/ Master’s programs.
- Have a minimum of one semester and a maximum of three semesters remaining in their program.
- Meet the grade requirements for their country of study:
o Brazil: 8/10 and ENEM score of 600 o China: 80% o France: 12/20 o India: 8/10 o Mexico: 80% o Saudi Arabia: 80% o Vietnam: 8/10
- Be available to complete a 12-week internship, arriving in Canada between May 1 and June 30, 2017, and returning to their country of study between July 31 and September 30, 2017. Apply here
[iframe src=”https://www.mitacs.ca/en/projects#block-system-main” width=”100%” height=”900″]
- A well-designed 12-week internship in your field of study developing your professional skills, research expertise and international experience
- Access to Canada’s unique applied, dynamic and innovative research landscape
- A rewarding experience combining academic research at a Canadian university campus, professional skills development workshops and social activities
- A chance for you to explore your independence and gain international experience in a new country
- The opportunity for you to connect with potential graduate supervisors should you be interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies with a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship. As a former Globalink Research Intern, you will have the opportunity to return to a Canadian university to complete your Masters or PhD with the support of a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
Following universities are welcoming Mitacs Globalink Internship in 2015. The list of host universities for 2016 will be available soon.
• Athabasca University
• Bishop’s University
• Carleton University
• Concordia University
• Dalhousie University
• École de Technologie Supérieure
• Emily Carr University of Art + Design
• HEC Montréal
• McGill University
• McMaster University
• Memorial University of Newfoundland
• OCAD University
• Polytechnique Montréal
• Queen’s University
• Ryerson University
• Simon Fraser University
• Thompson Rivers University
• Trent University
• Université de Montréal
• Université de Sherbrooke
• Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
• Université du Québec à Montréal
• Université du Québec à Outaouais
• Université du Québec à Rimouski
• Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
• Université du Québec en Abitibi Témiscamingue
• Université INRS
• Université Laval
• University of Alberta
• University of British Columbia
• University of Calgary
• University of Guelph
• University of Lethbridge
• University of Manitoba
• University of New Brunswick
• University of Ontario Institute of Technology
• University of Ottawa
• University of Saskatchewan
• University of Toronto
• University of Victoria
• University of Waterloo
• University of Windsor
• Western University
• Wilfrid Laurier University
• York University