Details about PhD Position in a Deeper Look at Fireball Dynamics 2020
PhD Position in a Deeper Look at Fireball Dynamics 2020 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Science. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Sep 2020. This scholarship is provided by Curtin University and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Stipend and fees . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Deadline: 01 Sep 2020
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Stipend and fees
Eligibility for PhD Position in a Deeper Look at Fireball Dynamics 2020:
- English language IELTS level of 6 for each band, and an overall band of 6.5
- A good undergraduate degree in physics, astronomy, or geophysics is required.
- Additionally, demonstrated skills in scientific thinking, and output of results is important.
- Interest in experimental, and/or practical fieldwork is desirable, but not essential.
Value of PhD Position in a Deeper Look at Fireball Dynamics 2020:
- The total value of the annual scholarships (stipend and fees) is approx. AUD 60,000 - AUD 70,000 p.a.
- Curtin PhD stipends are valued at $28,092 p.a. for up to a maximum of 3.5 years.
- The successful applicants will receive a 100% fee offset.
The project will aim to investigate in detail the fireball behavior by first designing and constructing instrumentation, then deploying them collocated with DFN (Desert Fireball Network) cameras stations, to provide detailed fireball measurements. After collecting data on fireballs and other re-entering bodies, they will study and theoretically analyze the interactions of the meteor with the atmosphere (fragmentation, spin, ablation, composition, etc).