Details about Commonwealth Medical Fellowships, 2017
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships, 2017 is offered for Research Fellow/ Scientist degree in the field of Clinical skills. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Nov 2016. This scholarship is provided by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Stipend (living allowance) of Â£1,594 per month, or Â£1,977 per month, Arrival allowance, airfare f . This scholarship is open for: Open to nationals of developing Commonwealth countries.
- Degree: Research Fellow/ Scientist
- Provided by: Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC)
- Deadline: 15 Nov 2016
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Stipend (living allowance) of Â£1,594 per month, or Â£1,977 per month, Arrival allowance, airfare f
UK Department for International Development (DFID) is giving commonwealth scholarships for medical staff from the commonwealth developing countries. The fellowship aims to enhance the clinical skills of mid-career medical staff
- The applicants for Commonwealth Medical Fellowships, 2017 should be a refugee, citizen of a commonwealth country or a British Protected person.
- The candidates should be a permanent resident of a commonwealth country.
- The applicants should be an employee of a university-affiliated hospital and should be nominated by an eligible institution to CSC.
- The candidates should start the fellowship on 1 October 2017 in the UK.
- The applicants should be qualified as a doctor before 1 October 2002 or between 1 October 2007 and 30 September 2010.
- The candidates are expected to meet the English language requirements.
- The applicants for Commonwealth Medical Fellowships, 2017 are evaluated based on the quality of the proposal and l impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country.
- The candidates are also assessed based on their academic merit.
How to Apply?
- The candidates applying for Commonwealth Medical Fellowships, 2017 should apply to the nominating bodies in their home countries.
- The nominating body in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are the national University Grants Commission.
- The nominating body in Pakistan is the Higher Education Commission.
- The applications must be endorsed by the nominating bodies.
- The candidates should submit at least two references.
Value of the scholarship
- The recipients of Commonwealth Medical Fellowships, 2017 get a stipend of £1,594 per month or £1,977 per month, reimbursement of the English language test and the General Medical Council registration.
- The recipients also get arrival allowance, study travel grant, and airfare from the home country to the UK and return.
- The applicants who are single parents get £448 towards child allowance.