Education loan acts as a great financial aid for students who aspire to pursue studies abroad due to which most of the students desire to borrow a study loan for master courses abroad. For the students who forethought their post-graduation abroad, you must acknowledge the fact that most of the Universities or colleges require 16 (12+4) years of education from the candidates as an eligibility criterion, especially in U.S and Canada.
As we know, in India, most of the courses like BCom, BSc, BBA, BBM, BA, etc are accomplished in the span of 3 years which makes 15 years of education (12+3) for students in India. Qualifying for study abroad can be a bit uncertain as obtaining admission into post-graduation courses in international universities can be arduous.
In such a crisis situation, most of the students are in a dilemma wondering if they could get admission for a post-graduation course in the desired university or not? Read this article till the end to gain a clear insight on the universities which accepts 3-year bachelors and 15 years of education.
What is 15-years of education?
15 years of education includes a student’s 12 years of schooling and 3 years of bachelor’s degree. This 15-year education system is integrated by most of the universities like India, Australia, UK, etc. In India, graduation in assorted disciplines (BA, BCom, BSc) requires 15 years of education excluding courses related to engineering, medicine, law, architecture, etc.
International applicants holding a 3-year bachelor’s degree and are applying for advanced degree programs in US or Canada may encounter trouble as the degree recipients in US complete 4 years of full-time study. This makes it difficult for international applicants who do no have 16 years of education.
List of Universities for MBA in Canada and USA with 15 years of Education
- New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), Vancouver,BC
- Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, British Columbia
- University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo, British Columbia
- HEC Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Adelphi University, New York
- Ashland University, Ohio
- Gannon University, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Indiana Tech, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Murray State University, Kentucky
- National University, San Diego, CA
- Pace University, New York City
- Saginaw Valley State University, Saginaw, Michigan
- Saint Leo University, Florida
- Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, NH
List of Universities in U.S which accept Three-Year Bachelor’s Degree
- Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College
- Yale University
- Syracuse University, New York
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
- The State University of New York at Potsdam
- Stony Brook University, New York
- Northwestern University
- John Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- University of Virginia
- Columbia University, New York
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pennsylvania
- Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- Duke University Fuqua School of Business
- Johns Hopkins, Carey Business School
- Santa Clara University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Bentley University. Massachusetts
- York University, Schulish School of Business, Ontario, Canada
- York University
- Ted Rogers School of Management
- Ryerson University
- University of Toronto, Rotman School of Management
- University of British Columbia, Sauder School of Business
Things to do when a student desired university requires 16-years of education?
Well, there are an abundant number of universities that accept 15 years of education for master’s program but few universities only acknowledge the student if he/she has 16 years of education (12+4) for the post-graduate programs.
If the student preferred university falls under 16 years of education requirement, you may:
- Connect or write to the University or the college stating your concern
- Take a transfer during the UG to preferred university and complete 3rd and 4th year of graduation in US or Canada
- Repeat a year in the preferred university abroad in order to meet the eligibility criteria
- Pursue a year-long master’s degree or a diploma course in your country and then apply for the desired program.
From where can you get a credential evaluation for a three-year Indian bachelor's degree?
W.E.S (World Education System) analyses international credentials. They usually transform educational credentials into their U.S equivalents. They recognize some three-year bachelor's degree from India as an alternative to a bachelor's degree from the US in following conditions:
- If the degree earned by the student is under Division I category
- If the university is accredited by NAAC with a "A" or a better grade
Ultimately, these are a few options available for you in case if you opt for post graduation courses in US or Canada. However, there is no legitimate list of universities that accepts 15 years of education as eligibility criteria. But still, we would suggest you, conduct your own research to explore more colleges and also check with universities or colleges about the same. Few universities gauge a candidate’s application holistically and can consider them for the course. Students are advised to reach out to the college alumni for their desired program at the preferred universities.
Still unclear about which way to go? You can request a callback and our financial officer will get back to you to help find the best
Note: WeMakeScholars is an organization funded and supported by the Government of India and is associated with 10+ public/private banks/ NBFCs in India. We have helped millions of students by connecting them with the best education loan lenders across India. We have a dedicated financial team to assist you with any education loan related query. As we are Government funded, there is NO FEE charged for the services offered.