Details about UNU-IAS PhD in Sustainability Science, (2021)
UNU-IAS PhD in Sustainability Science, (2021) is offered for PhD degree in the field of Sustainability Science. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 09 Apr 2021. This scholarship is provided by United Nations University and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Tuition fees and Stipend . This scholarship is open for: Open to all citizens from developing countries.
- Deadline: 09 Apr 2021
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Tuition fees and Stipend
Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability at the United Nations University has initiated a PhD programme in Sustainability Science is a three-year programme that aims to produce scholars who will become key researchers in the field of sustainability science. The programme takes an innovative approach to sustainability, seeking to promote a better understanding of the issues by incorporating global change perspectives, specifically those related to climate change and biodiversity.
Eligibility criteria for the UNU-IAS PhD in Sustainability Science, (2021):
- Applicants from developing countries are eligible.
- Applicants must have a strong interest in sustainability studies.
- Applicants must demonstrate commitment to study and understand global issues.
- Applicants must have a completed Master’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university or institution of higher education and demonstrated ability to link course work and activities to principles of sustainability.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of practical field experience related to UNU-IAS research themes which was acquired after obtaining a university degree (full time equivalent) or Two completed Master’s degrees, at least one of which must be in a discipline related to sustainability studies.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.8 or above on a 4.0 scale (equivalent to 70% on a 100 % scale) for at least one of the Master’s degrees earned.
- Applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency.
Value of the UNU-IAS PhD in Sustainability Science, (2021):
Successful applicants of the UNU-IAS PhD in Sustainability Science, (2021) will receive the following benefits-
- The JFUNU scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months.
- Travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student.
- The tuition fees are fully waived for the scholarship recipients.
Note: The amount of monthly allowance is 120,000 JPY for the academic year 2020.
Deadline of the UNU-IAS PhD in Sustainability Science, (2021):
The last date to apply for the UNU-IAS PhD in Sustainability Science, (2021) is 9th April 2021.