Details about Postdoctoral Position In Computing Science With Focus On Database Systems UmeÃ¥ University
Postdoctoral Position In Computing Science With Focus On Database Systems UmeÃ¥ University is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Computer Sciences, Database Systems. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 31 Mar 2016. This scholarship is provided by Umeå University and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Monthly salary . This scholarship is open for: Open applicants of Sweden.
- Deadline: 31 Mar 2016
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Monthly salary
- The candidate applying should have a PhD degree in computer science or another subject relevant.
- The applicant should have a background, particularly in data systems, heterogeneous database integration and management.
- The PhD degree of the candidate should not be more than three years old.
- The research merits and publications of the candidate are taken into consideration.
- Communication skills of the candidate should be excellent in both written and spoken English.
- The candidates are selected by considering both the academics and the practical skills of the candidate.
- The experiences and practical skills on the database system, distributed, autonomous, heterogeneous databases integration, federated database deployment and management.
- Experience on privacy preservation on federated databases, data mining, and relevant topics is considered as an advantage.
- Programming proficiency in one of the languages like Java/Matlab/Python/Perl/C/C++ is required.
- Publication records on the database system, database management, or relevant disciplines, experience of Web service deployment and development under Windows/Linux and ability and experience of applying open source software like Apache tomcat, Mysql, Lucene, Spark is required.
- Communication skills and Proficiency in both written and spoken English, is required.
- The candidate should include a cover letter in approximately 2 pages which should include the description of research interests.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae with the list of scientific publications.
- The most relevant scientific publications (five) should be submitted.
- A copy of PhD thesis of the candidate.
- Degree certificates and other documents supporting the application should be submitted.
- Names and contact details, including e-mail addresses, of at least three reference persons.
- The documents submitted should be in either in Swedish or English.