Details about PhD position in Central Asian Studies 2020
PhD position in Central Asian Studies 2020 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Central Asian Studies. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Jun 2020. This scholarship is provided by University of Amsterdam and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, EUR 2,083 to EUR 2,664 gross per month . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Deadline: 01 Jun 2020
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, EUR 2,083 to EUR 2,664 gross per month
The Amsterdam School for Regional, Transnational and European Studies, one of the six research schools, offers a four year postdoc position as part of the ERC funded research project Building a Better Tomorrow: Development Knowledge and Practice in Central Asia and Beyond, led by dr Artemy Kalinovsky. Applications are invited from excellent candidates who wish to conduct research on the role of Central Asian social scientists, experts, and development workers in the Soviet era and after independence.
Eligibility for PhD position in Central Asian Studies 2020:
- MA (or equivalent) with excellent grades in History, Anthropology, or related disciplines;
- interest in questions of development and governance;
- excellent research skills;
- excellent academic writing and presentation skills;
- excellent communicative, social, and organizational skills;
- excellent proficiency in English;
- specialized knowledge of the region, including:
- knowledge of Russian and/or at least one of the Central Asian languages to be used in this project (Tajik, Uzbek, Kazakh, and Kyrgyz) and
- familiarity with research on the region’s recent history and contemporary politics, at a level appropriate for a holder of an MA or MSc.
Value of PhD position in Central Asian Studies 2020:
Offers EUR 2,083 to EUR 2,664 gross per month.