Details about NUS-Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship (NUS-OPF) - 2018/2019
NUS-Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship (NUS-OPF) - 2018/2019 is offered for PhD, Post Doc degree in the field of Teaching and Research fields. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by National University of Singapore (NUS) and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Depending on the applicant . This scholarship is open for: Open to applicants of Singapore.
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Depending on the applicant
- The applicants of NUS-Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship (NUS-OPF) should be a Singapore Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- The candidates should have an aptitude and passion for teaching and research.
- Candidates should be having noted accomplishments in teaching and research.
- Should have received a doctoral degree not more than 2 years as at 31 December of the year.
- Applicants should have been accepted for postdoctoral training at a leading overseas research/academic institution or a postdoctoral position in a leading academic/research institution in Singapore may also be considered.
- Applicants, who are in their final stages of their doctoral studies and proposing to commence postdoctoral training immediately upon completion of studies can also apply.
- Candidates who are recipients of other sources of funding and meet the above conditions can also apply.
- Candidates applying for NUS-Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship (NUS-OPF) should submit a proposed postdoctoral training plan with details on objectives, period and institution of training, target deliverables, name(s) of collaborator/supervisor and any other relevant information.
- An abstract of the doctoral thesis should be attached. If the applicants are in the final stages of doctoral studies and proposing to commence postdoctoral training immediately after completion of studies, an abstract of any thesis previously written can be submitted. An abstract of the doctoral thesis to be submitted for the examination should also be included.
- Complete curriculum vitae which should also include the details on any teaching experience at undergraduate and above levels of studies. Publication list of the candidate should also be included.
- 2 to 3 pieces of research/design work copies of the candidate are required.
- Candidate's copy of NRIC and entry/re-entry permit (for Singapore Permanent Residents)
- Transcripts and certificate copies of GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels / School & Higher School Examinations and University degree(s) should be attached.
- Score sheets of Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) should be included (if taken).
- Letter of offer for admission to graduate program from the university and Letter of offer from other scholarships and awards has to be attached.
- A completed Personal Particulars Form available on NUS website should be filled.
- Confidential referees’ reports (at least 2).
- Applicants are asked to submit the applications to respective Heads of Departments in advance (except the referees’ reports)
Value of the Fellowship
The successful applicants of NUS-Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship (NUS-OPF) receive one or more of the benefits listed.
- One set of economy-class return airfare for travel between Singapore and place of study.
- Monthly stipend is provided depending on the applicant.
- Applicant can also receive a Conference grant on application.
- Medical insurance coverage is awarded only for staff at the institution of study.
- If applicable, the Sign-on bonus and/or Employer’s CPF top-up are included in the lieu of monthly stipend and is also depends on each applicant.