Details about Abel Visiting Scholar Program 2023
Abel Visiting Scholar Program 2023 is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Mathematics. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 31 Aug 2023. This scholarship is provided by International Mathematical Union (IMU) and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, up to $4,400 (travel + living allowances) . This scholarship is open for: Open to citizens of developing countries.
- Deadline: 31 Aug 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, up to $4,400 (travel + living allowances)
The International Mathematical Union invites applications for Abel Visiting Scholar Program from mathematicians professionally based in developing countries to visit an international research collaborator for a period of one month.
Eligibility criteria for the Abel Visiting Scholar Program:
- Applicants of the Abel Visiting Scholar Program should have a Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Candidates should be from a developing country.
- Candidates should be in a particular position in a university/research institution.
- Applicants should have been working with a University or College on a contract basis. He/She also should be in the early stages of their professional career and below 40 years of age on the day of the application deadline.
- The age factor is relaxed for applicants with a broken career pattern, provided that the application must be attached with the reason for the same.
- A detailed CV including a list of recent publications.
- Documents stating a research plan for the visit should be submitted by the applicants.
- A copy of the official invitation from the institution of the international research partner and a letter of recommendation should also be submitted by the candidates.
- The applicants should submit copies of the Ph.D. certificates and budget estimation.
- Current employment status and position in the home institution signed and stamped by the employer should be provided including the duration of your employment.
The criteria for selection of the Abel Visiting Scholar Program is based on the quality of the project and the benefit/added value for the home institution/country.
The successful applicants of the Abel Visiting Scholar Program will receive scholarship grants up to $4,400 which includes:
- Travel costs
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance charges
- Basic living cost and accommodation.