Details about PhD in Computational Neuroscience (Neurodynamics) at University of Amsterdam 2020
PhD in Computational Neuroscience (Neurodynamics) at University of Amsterdam 2020 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Computational Neuroscience. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 24 Jul 2020. This scholarship is provided by University of Amsterdam and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, EUR 2,395 to EUR 3,061 gross per month . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Deadline: 24 Jul 2020
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, EUR 2,395 to EUR 3,061 gross per month
Eligibility for PhD in Computational Neuroscience (Neurodynamics) at University of Amsterdam 2020:
- An MSc in computational neuroscience or closely related field with a focus on modeling biological neural systems. Alternatively, an MSc in Physics, Mathematics, Machine Learning (via Artificial Intelligence) or a closely related field, and a clear background or affinity for brain modeling;
- strong quantitative and analytical skills, including calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, dynamical systems, stochastic processes and complex systems;
- strong computational/programming skills (preferably with Python), including numerical methods for differential equations, machine learning and neural network training;
- experience with neural simulation engines (e.g. NEST) and/or with the use of high-performance computers is considered an advantage;
- concrete experience in a computational neuroscience modeling project;
- ability to read and understand relevant neuroscientific and cognitive literature and use experimental data to build models;
- ability to communicate effectively in English, within a multidisciplinary team, and in an international context;
- a passionate interest to understand how the brain works at the level of neural dynamics, perception, and cognition.
Value of PhD in Computational Neuroscience (Neurodynamics) at University of Amsterdam 2020:
- Based on a full-time employment contract (38 hours per week) the gross monthly salary will range from EUR 2,395 in the first year to EUR 3,061 in the last year. These amounts are an exclusive 8 % holiday allowance and 8.3 % end-of-year bonus.