Details about NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship, 2020
NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship, 2020 is offered for Masters, PhD degree in the field of Teaching, Research. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 22 Mar 2020. This scholarship is provided by National University of Singapore (NUS) and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Tuition fees + travel expenses + Maintenance allowance + Other benefits . This scholarship is open for: Open to applicants of Singapore.
- Deadline: 22 Mar 2020
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Tuition fees + travel expenses + Maintenance allowance + Other benefits
NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship (NUS-OGS) Scheme is to aid high calibre Singaporeans for a career in academia by supporting their doctoral studies abroad.
Eligibility for NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship 2020:
- The applicants for NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship should be a Singapore Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- The candidates are expected to have excellence in their undergraduate academics (at least a Bachelor’s degree with 2nd Upper Honours).
- Applicants must be interested in teaching and research.
- Should have received funding from outside funding sources like research assistantships or fellowships.
- Candidates applying can also be pursuing their doctoral degree in top overseas universities.
- Candidates applying for Graduate Scholarship should submit their complete curriculum vitae which should also include the details on any teaching experience at undergraduate and above levels of studies. Publication list of the candidate should also be included.
- 2 to 3 pieces of research/design work copies of the candidate are required.
- An abstract of any thesis previously written should be included.
- A research proposal of at least 2 research topics which the applicant intends to pursue has to be submitted. The proposal should be a minimum of a half-page write-up on the details of each proposed topic.
- Candidate's copy of NRIC and entry/re-entry permit (for Singapore Permanent Residents)
- Transcripts and certified copies of GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels / School & Higher School Examinations and University degree(s) should be attached.
- Score sheets of Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) should be included (if taken).
- Letter of offer for admission to graduate program from the university and Letter of the offer from other scholarships and awards have to be attached.
- A completed Personal Particulars Form available on NUS website should be filled.
- Confidential referees’ reports (at least 2).
- Applicants are asked to submit the applications to respective Heads of Departments in advance (except the referees’ reports)
Value of the NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship:
- The successful applicants of NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship receive one or more of the benefits listed.
- Tuition fees and other fees are awarded depending on the applicant.
- Maintenance allowances awarded also defers to each applicant.
- Two sets (one for the commencement/completion of study) of economy-class return airfare for travel between Singapore
- and place of study.
- Conference and fieldwork grants, available by application.
- Medical insurance coverage is awarded only for staff at the institution of study.
- If applicable, the Sign-on bonus and/or Employer’s CPF top-up are included in the lieu of monthly stipend and is also depends on each applicant.