Details about National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022
National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022 is offered for High/Secondary School degree in the field of All subjects. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Nov 2022. This scholarship is provided by Government of India and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Rs. 12,000/- per annum . This scholarship is open for: Open to Indian nationals.
- Deadline: 30 Nov 2022
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Rs. 12,000/- per annum
The Central Sector Scheme ‘National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme’ was launched in 2008, after getting approval from CCEA, with the objective to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue their education at secondary stage. One lakh fresh scholarships are awarded to selected students of class IX every year and their continuation / renewal in classes X to XII for study in State Government, Government-aided and Local body schools under the scheme.
- Students whose parental income from all sources is not more than Rs. 3,50,000/- per annum are eligible to avail the scholarship.
- The students must have minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST students).
- The students should be studying as regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body school.
- Students of NVS, KVS and residential schools are not entitled for the scholarship. There is reservation as per State Government norms.
Selection of fresh Awardee Students:
- Each State/UT conducts its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The test is conducted at stage of class-VIII.
- The students, who fulfill the eligibility criteria, must pass both the tests, i.e., Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) under NMMSS exam with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. For the SC/ST students, this cut off is 32% marks.
Selection of Renewal Awardees Students:
- The awardees should get minimum of 60% marks in Class X for continuation of scholarship (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) in next higher classes.
- For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII, the awardees should get clear promotion form class IX to class X and from class XI to class XII in the first attempt.