Details about J.C. Bose Fellowship 2023
J.C. Bose Fellowship 2023 is offered for Research Fellow/ Scientist degree in the field of Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), India and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, research fund + stipend . This scholarship is open for: Open to Indian nationals.
- Degree: Research Fellow/ Scientist
- Provided by: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), India
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, research fund + stipend
The JC Bose fellowship is awarded to active scientists in recognition for their outstanding performance. The fellowship is scientist-specific and very selective.
All Areas of Science (in the broadest terms) will be covered by the fellowship.
- Candidate should be an active scientist with a record of outstanding performance apparent from the award of SS Bhatnagar prize and or fellowship of science academies (including engineering, agriculture and medicine).
- The scientist should be in service at the time of nomination to this fellowship.
- The nominee should be an Indian national working in institutions in India. The nominee should not be receiving any other fellowship from any other Government sources.
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for five years. Should the fellow superannuate during the term of the fellowship, the fellowship can be continued if a host institution is willing to host the fellowship up to the age of 68 years.
- The tenure of the fellowship may be extended for subsequent term of 5 years based on rigorous assessment of research performance during the tenure of the fellowship. A minimum of 25% of the applicants seeking extension will not be granted extension.
- The fellowship can be held up to 68 years of age only.
- The fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.
- Research grant of Rs. 15.00 lakh per annum.
- Overhead of Rs.1.00 lakh per annum to the host institute.
- The nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions; JC Bose Fellows and Presidents of National science academies.
- The nominations are received throughout the year.
Selection of JC Bose Fellows will be made periodically (normally twice a year) by a Search-cum-Selection Committee specially constituted for the purpose, as per the broad guidelines of the fellowship scheme.