Details about Durham Inspired Black Heritage Scholarships 2023
Durham Inspired Black Heritage Scholarships 2023 is offered for Bachelors degree in the field of All courses offered by the university. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Mar 2023. This scholarship is provided by Durham University and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, £4,000 per academic year . This scholarship is open for: Open to the UK Black Heritage Students of African, Caribbean, Dual, or Mixed heritage.
- Degree: Bachelors
- Provided by: Durham University
- Deadline: 30 Mar 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, £4,000 per academic year
Durham University signed up to the Race Equality Charter (REC) in March 2019. The charter aims to improve the representation, progression and success of minority ethnic staff and students within higher education. The REC framework steers universities to identify, reflect upon and address institutional and cultural barriers that stand in the way of minority ethnic staff and students.
The Durham Inspired Black Heritage Scholarships were launched in 2021 to support two UK Black Heritage Students of African, Caribbean, Dual, or Mixed heritage (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Other Black background) to pursue undergraduate study at Durham University. The scholarships represent a key initiative within a broader programme of Durham Inspired access scholarships supported by philanthropic funds.
- Applicant must be of Black Heritage - African, Caribbean, Dual or Mixed Heritage (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Other Black background).
- Candidate should have been assessed as home fee status.
- Applicant should have a household income below £42,875.00 as determined by Student Finance England.
A character reference from one of your teachers in support of your scholarship application to be sent by email to email@example.com. Please ensure your referee submits the reference on letter headed paper which contains:
- Their name
- Contact details
- The name of the scholarship
- Your full name