Details about Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for Young African Researchers 2023
Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for Young African Researchers 2023 is offered for Training & Short courses, Research Fellow/ Scientist degree in the field of All courses offered by the universities. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 07 Apr 2023. This scholarship is provided by Coimbra Group and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, research fund + accommodation allowance . This scholarship is open for: Open to all African nationals except Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia.
- Degree: Training & Short courses, Research Fellow/ Scientist
- Provided by: Coimbra Group
- Deadline: 07 Apr 2023
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, research fund + accommodation allowance
Universities of the Coimbra Group offer short-term visits (generally 1 to a maximum of 3 months) to young African researchers from higher education institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa. The main aim of this scholarship program is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them establish academic and research contacts in Europe. The scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this program, while the Coimbra Group Office is in charge of the administrative management of the applications.
- The candidates applying for Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship Programme should be below 45 years of age.
- The students should be residents of countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Should be current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The applicants of the Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship Programme - University Of Groningen should be of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status.
- The candidate is expected to have prior contact with the professors before applying for the grant and should get an admission letter signed by the research professor.
- He/She should submit their CV and research proposal.
- The number of scholarships available is two.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2023 edition of the scheme:
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Cologne (Germany)
- Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Graz (Austria)
- University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
- Friedrich Schiller University Jena (Germany)
- Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- Charles University (Czech Republic)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- University of Siena (Italy)
- University of Turku (Finland)