Details about CARTA Postdoctoral Fellowships
CARTA Postdoctoral Fellowships is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Public and Population Health. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 May 2016. This scholarship is provided by Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Monthly stipend of $3,000 for 12 months . This scholarship is open for: Open to African nationals.
- Degree: Post Doc
- Provided by: Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA)
- Deadline: 30 May 2016
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Monthly stipend of $3,000 for 12 months
- Fellowships are open to African nationals.
- Applicants must be Ph.D. graduates of the CARTA program.
- Candidates who possess excellent research potential are preferred.
- He/She must have a strong commitment towards building research capacity.
- Applicants will be selected based on their academic achievements and previous research.
- Applicants proposed research activities during the postdoctoral fellowship period are evaluated.
- Candidates who demonstrate evidence of professional support and mentorship from the host institution will be taken into consideration.
- Applicants must personally contact the host institution and obtain an acceptance letter stating they are willing to host the candidate for the duration of the fellowship.
- The letter must also indicate that a senior supervisor will mentor the applicant.
Duration and Value
- The candidate will be awarded a monthly stipend of $3,000 for up to 12 months full-time placement.
- It covers travel costs, health insurance and one international conference participation.
- Additional funds will be available for the development of new research partnerships and collaborations, training opportunities on specific skills or development of pilot projects.
- Applicants must submit a completed form.
- Candidates are required to submit an updated CV; it should include any awards and publications.
- Applicants should provide two recommendation letters.
- Applicants must submit a statement letter from the host institution.
- Candidates need to provide a statement letter from their current employer.
- Applicants must submit e-copies of their most significant publications over the last three years.