Details about British Institute of Persian Studies Research and Travel Grant Awards 2023
British Institute of Persian Studies Research and Travel Grant Awards 2023 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Iranian studies, Humanities and Social Science. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 06 Feb 2023. This scholarship is provided by British Institute of Persian Studies and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, up to £5,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Deadline: 06 Feb 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, up to £5,000
Eligibility for Research And Travel Grants:
- Candidates applying for Research And Travel Grants must be affiliated with a UK-based institute of higher education or a UK museum.
- Grants are valid only for one year.
- Candidates must claim their grant within a year of its award or it lapses.
- Research grants support primary research in Iranian studies being undertaken by any scholar associated with a British higher educational institution.
Value of Research And Travel Grants:
- Applicants for applying for Research And Travel Grants Research grants will receive a maximum of £8,000.
- Travel grants are limited to £1,200 and some applicants will be offered less than this.
- Researchers visiting Tehran will be offered 30 days of accommodation at the BIPS hostel.
- He/She may not apply for accommodation expenses.
- Researchers traveling elsewhere may apply for accommodation costs.
- Candidates applying for Research And Travel Grants must submit a one-page proposal outlining their research project.
- Applicants must provide two references.
- Candidates for Research Grants must have at least one referee from outside their own institute.
- They offer a limited number of travel grants to students, but these funds are NOT available for course work nor will college or university fees be paid. Awards of up to £5,000 will be made.
- All applications must include accurate budgets and a detailed breakdown of costs, and candidates are required to satisfy the selectors that their proposals are realistic in this respect.
- Publications of the research is an absolute condition of the award and BIPS should see and approve the appropriate acknowledgment of BIPS’s funding in any proposed publication prior to its actual appearance. Grant recipients are also required to submit a short report for the BIPS website. Please note that Student Travel Grants must be paid to a UK bank account.