Details about AMWS Malcolm Longstaff Memorial Scholarships 2023
AMWS Malcolm Longstaff Memorial Scholarships 2023 is offered for Bachelors, Masters degree in the field of Maritime related courses. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 28 Feb 2023. This scholarship is provided by University of Tasmania and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, $3,000 for one semester . This scholarship is open for: Open to citizens/humanitarian visa holders of Australia.
- Degree: Bachelors, Masters
- Provided by: University of Tasmania
- Deadline: 28 Feb 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, $3,000 for one semester
About the scholarship:
The Australian Mariners Welfare Society (AMWS) is a non-profit organisation that provides financial assistance to those organisations providing welfare services to seafarers visiting Australia and provides scholarships to promote the training and professional development of the children of seafarers or ex-seafarers of low or moderate financial means and who are Australian citizens or hold a humanitarian visa. The AMWS offers scholarships to assist students undertaking courses at AMC in relevant maritime disciplines. The scholarships are offered as a memorial to Malcolm Longstaff who was a stalwart of the AMWS Council and contributed significantly to seafarer welfare and to those studying to become mariners or better their existing seafaring qualifications. Two scholarships are available for application in Semester 1 and 2 each year.
- Students must be enrolling in a maritime-related course at AMC in the first half of 2023.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens (or holder of a Humanitarian Visa), and be children of seafarers or ex-seafarers (that are or were involved in the military or merchant navy or deep sea fishing industry) and be of low or moderate financial means (details to be given in an online application ).
Retaining the scholarship:
To retain this award, recipients are required to achieve a minimum Pass result in all units studied each semester.