Details about Akili Dada Fellowship
Akili Dada Fellowship is offered for Diploma degree in the field of Social sciences. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 02 Nov 2015. This scholarship is provided by Akili Dada and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Access to seminars, funding partners among other things . This scholarship is open for: Open to nationals from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi.
- Deadline: 02 Nov 2015
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Access to seminars, funding partners among other things
Akili Dada awards year fellowships to young African women leaders between the ages of 23-30 who are driving transformative change in their communities and are looking to grow their projects to scale and sustainability. The fellowship is an opportunity for young women to design and implement solutions to the challenges faced by their communities. The fellowship provides opportunities for dynamic young women leaders to learn essential skills and apply those skills in the context of their communities.
Akili Dada fellows will benefit from
- Access to a series of seminars from experts in the social change field
- Site visits to successful social entrepreneurship and social impact organizations
- Access to a dynamic network of Akili Dada Mentors
- Access to the Akili Dada network of funding partners and social change agents
- Access to Akili Dada’s office facilities.
- On completion of the year long program, fellows will possess the skills and resources required to lead a strong, healthy, accountable and sustainable organization that are bringing about measurable social change in their communities.
- Be a young woman between the ages of 23-30
- Be from an economically disadvantaged background.
- Have a Social Enterprise (a business with a social impact) or a Social Innovation (an initiative that has social impact).
- Demonstrate previous leadership initiative and experience.
- Have been working on your project for at least two years preferably on a full time basis
- Be able to commit one year to the fellowship program (beginning January 2016 and ending December 2016)
- Be able to attend trainings every other month for one week in Nairobi, Kenya
- Must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal.