India’s Largest Study Abroad Funding Expo (SAFE) 2024
- Explore 26,000+ International Scholarships
- Instant Education Loan-pre approval with the lowest interest rate in India
The Gates Cambridge scholarship was established to offer funding to excellent students from around the world to study at the University of Cambridge. So before going into the details of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, let us first analyze the University of Cambridge and if it's worth studying it.
Why University of Cambridge:
The University of Cambridge is a research university in the UK that was founded in 1209. It is currently the world’s third oldest university and one of the best in the world. The University is home to over 23,000 students from 140 different countries. 91% of students graduating from Cambridge were found to be either in work or pursuing the next level of education within 15 months.
The University is also recognized by different ranking agencies who have been ranking it in the top 10 each year. The University is currently ranked #2 in QS world best university ranking and #5 in world University rankings by Times higher education.
All these factors definitely entice students in entering the institution. What better than studying at such a prestigious institution through a renowned scholarship. Below we’ll see the specification of Gates Cambridge Scholarships along with its value and deadline.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship was established in the year 2000 with a fund of USD 210 million by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. Hence the scholarship was named the Gates Cambridge Scholarship. Gates Cambridge Scholarship program each year offers 80 full-cost scholarships.
These cover expenses for the full duration of the course of the student. The scholarship is basically to build a network of future leaders by selecting outstanding scholars who are willing to contribute their life to improving the lives of others.
Below in the article, we see the eligibility to apply to the scholarship, the value that the scholarship offers, the deadline, and also how to apply to the scholarship.
Eligibility or the specifications of scholarships:
The Gates Cambridge scholarship is a valuable scholarship that covers almost all the expenses of the students and has some basic eligibility requirements that the students need to fulfill. Below are a few eligibility requirements and specifications of the scholarship
Be a citizen of a country other than the UK. The student should be a citizen of any of these nations.
- The candidates should be willing to pursue a course in Ph.D., MSc/MLitt one year postgraduate course. He should select a subject from these subjects.
- Also, the current students of Cambridge wanting to continue their education further by doing PG can apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is eligible for part-time as well as a full-time course.
Documents required to apply for the scholarship:
The following documents will be required to apply for the scholarship, so have a look at them to keep them ready in advance.
· Copies of the undergraduate or graduate certificates.
· Research proposal for doctoral degree candidates
· Copy of the passport of the student
· Statement of intention.
· An updated Curriculum Vitae(CV)
· Two recommendation letters from your professors of the previous institute
· Study plan
· Copies of Academic transcripts
· Scholarship application resume
· Letters of motivation, explaining the motive behind your application to the scholarship
· Statement of purpose
How to Apply
- Apply for admission into the university in the admission section by selecting your college, course and all the required details.
- In the admission section, fill in details about yourself, and your academic background and prove your suitability for the course and funding by adding quality references.
- Then in the funding section, choose your type of funding along with the Gates Cambridge scholarship.
- Provide references and Ph.D. students will have to provide research proposals.
- Submit the application after filling in all the details along with the documents that we have talked about in this article.
Deadline: October 12th, 2022 is the deadline to apply for the scholarship for international applicants.
Scholarship Range: The scholarship amount ranges between £30,000 ~ £60,000 pounds per year according to the course fee and the length of the course.
Note: Please refer to the official website of the University of Cambridge in case of any doubts.
The Gates Cambridge scholarship was started to help students who are brilliant in their subjects and wanted to pursue quality higher education to reshape the world in a better direction. This scholarship is for students who want to bring a change in people's lives, making the world a better place to live in.
If by any chance you do not get through the Gates Cambridge scholarship, there are many more such scholarships listed in the WeMakeScholars portal, you can go through them. But in case you do not get through any of the scholarships listed on our portal, you can get an education loan to study abroad through our portal WeMakeScholars. We make sure that brightest minds like you have the brightest education.
That is why we are providing guidance to get an education loan and also connect them to the suitable public or provide lenders who get them the best deal. Request a callback from us today and get started with the process of your education loan.