Details about Wilhelm Frank Trust Master's and Doctoral Scholarships, 2018
Wilhelm Frank Trust Master's and Doctoral Scholarships, 2018 is offered for Masters, PhD degree in the field of Research in areas of study that will contribute to the development of engineering and related sciences . You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 28 Feb 2018. This scholarship is provided by University of Cape Town and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Master's scholarships: R150,000 p.a. Doctoral scholarships : R220,000 p.a. . This scholarship is open for: Open to students from South Africa.
- Deadline: 28 Feb 2018
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Master's scholarships: R150,000 p.a. Doctoral scholarships : R220,000 p.a.
The Frank Wilhelm Trust is offering scholarships for Master's and Doctoral students to pursue studies in engineering or areas associated with engineering. Four scholarships will be offered to master's students and two scholarships will be offered to doctoral students. Master’s students are only eligible if the research component of their degrees is 50% or above.
- The candidates applying for Wilhelm Frank Trust Scholarships should be South African citizens.
- The applicants should have an honours or master's degree with distinction.
- The candidates should have applied and secured a place at the University of Cape Town for the Masters or Doctoral degree in engineering or science that will contribute to engineering development in South Africa.
- The applicants are required to secure an academic supervisor.
- The candidates should have prepared an abstract for the proposed research.
- The research should focus on the development of engineering for the benefit of South Africa.
- The candidates applying for Wilhelm Frank Trust Scholarships should submit curriculum vitae including leadership and community roles.
- The applicants are required to submit academic transcripts, an abstract of the research proposal not exceeding three pages, and a certified copy of the South African Identity Document or Passport.
- The candidates should also submit two academic references from those who have taught or supervised them.
- The references are supposed to be submitted directly to the Director through e-mail or in sealed envelopes.
Value of the scholarship
- The master's candidates will get R150,000 per annum for the first and second year.
- The Wilhelm Frank Trust Scholarships offers R220,000 per annum to doctoral candidates for four years.