Details about University Of Oslo Fellowship
University Of Oslo Fellowship is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Astrophysics. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Dec 2015. This scholarship is provided by University of Oslo and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, NOK 483,700 - 560,700/year . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Deadline: 15 Dec 2015
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, NOK 483,700 - 560,700/year
The Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics of the University of Oslo has strong research groups within solar physics and cosmology. Both groups are heavily engaged in computational research, both using national and international supercomputers and using internal infrastructure. The post-doctoral position is connected to the solar physics group, which is renowned for its detailed modelling of the solar atmosphere with radiative magnetohydrodynamics, and for innovative data analysis methods for high cadence imaging and spectroscopic observations. The research activities are now extended towards the atmospheres of cool stars.
What the fellowship covers: Position code 1352 and pay grade: 57 – 65 (NOK 483 700 – 560 700 per year depending on qualifications and seniority).
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree or equivalent in astrophysics, astronomy or space sciences. We seek a candidate with a background preferably in solar or stellar physics, who has experience with numerical simulations and/or the analysis of observations incl. the handling of large data sets. Experience in non-LTE radiative transfer, hydrodynamic and/or radiation hydrodynamics is welcomed. The candidate will have to program in Fortran90 and IDL. Programming skills are therefore an essential requirement.
- The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines.
- A good command of English is required.
Duration of award(s): The fellowship is for a period of 2 years. The preferred starting date is January 1st, 2016 but a later starting date can be negotiated.