Details about University Of Bordeaux International Fellowships
University Of Bordeaux International Fellowships is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Materials science, Neuroscience, Environment and ecosystem, Numerical certification and reliability, Archaeology, Laser and photonics, Global health, Translational imaging, Cardiology. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 27 Nov 2016. This scholarship is provided by University of Bordeaux and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Two-year post-doctoral contract . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Deadline: 27 Nov 2016
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Two-year post-doctoral contract
The Initiative of Excellence of the University of Bordeaux (IdEx Bordeaux) is opening positions for postdoctoral fellows. High-profile international candidates from any scientific field, holding a doctorate degree delivered by a non-French institution, and wishing to achieve a further step in their career in the outstanding research environment of the University of Bordeaux, are welcome to apply. Candidates promoting an original and innovative research project in one of the scientific priorities of IdEx Bordeaux will be considered with particular attention. These comprise the following domains: materials science, neuroscience, environment and ecosystem, numerical certification and reliability, archaeology, lasers and photonics, global health, translational imaging, cardiology.
The funding includes a maximum two-year post-doctoral contract (one-year contract that may be renewed once), and a contribution to project-related fees (travel, consumables, etc.).
- The applicants must fulfill the following criteria in order to submit an application for the program:
- Applicants should hold a doctorate awarded by a non-French institution and be in an incoming mobility situation (not having resided in France for more than 12 months in the last 3 years). Fellows should not hold or have previously held a research position in Bordeaux area.
- The doctoral degree should have been awarded between 4 years before the end of the present call (+1 year per maternity/paternity leave with a maximum of 2 years), and not later than 2 months after the end of the call.
- Applicants must promote their own research project to be carried in the laboratory of their choice for a maximum period of two years.
- Applicants must be supported by a local researcher and by his/her laboratory.
Duration of award(s): Fellowship is awarded for two years.
The evaluation is done by a dedicated panel, including external personalities and authoritative researchers from the site. The excellence of the fellowship candidate is the primary recruitment criterion. Nevertheless, this criterion has to be assessed keeping in mind that the program is addressing early career development. The other equally important issue addressed by the program is to ensure smooth integration of the fellow into the proper scientific environment, the second essential criterion for judging merit is thus related to the scientific project presented by the candidate, including the consistency between the proposed activities during the fellowship and the research priorities of the University of Bordeaux, as well as the further career ambition of the candidate: perspectives for teaching in the case of candidates envisaging an academic career, leadership skill development for candidates envisaging a career in research team management, etc.
Note: Results will be published in April 2016.