Details about TWAS-NRF Fellowship
TWAS-NRF Fellowship is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Natural Sciences. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 08 Jul 2022. This scholarship is provided by The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Standard monthly allowance . This scholarship is open for: Open for nationals of developing countries.
- Deadline: 08 Jul 2022
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Standard monthly allowance
Applications are invited for the NRF–TWAS postdoctoral fellowship programme available for scientists from developing countries (other than South Africa). TWAS-NRF Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at research institutions in South Africa for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of three years. NRF will provide travel to and from South Africa, a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than South Africa);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in South Africa or any developed country;
- must have obtained a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- apply for the fellowship within five (5) years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- be a regular employee in a developing country (other than South Africa) and hold a research assignment there;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- provide an official letter from a host South African institution, department or laboratory and motivation from the applicant’s host;
- proof of knowledge of English is preferable, if language of instruction was not English*;
- present a detailed research project that must be registered and approved by the host institution and provide a letter of support from the prospective host supervisor;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
*Preference will be given to applicants that meet the following requirements of the English Language Proficiency Academic test: IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0); or TOEFL (paper) 575 (TWE 4.5); or TOEFL iBIT (min. 20); or Cambridge minimum 58.
Duration of award(s): TWAS-NRF Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at research institutions in South Africa for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of three years.