Details about Theatre Talent Scholarships at Whittier College 2023
Theatre Talent Scholarships at Whittier College 2023 is offered for Bachelors degree in the field of Theatre arts. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 31 Mar 2023. This scholarship is provided by Whittier College and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, $1,000 - $12,000 per year . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Degree: Bachelors
- Provided by: Whittier College
- Deadline: 31 Mar 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, $1,000 - $12,000 per year
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student (at least 12 units per semester).
- Candidate should participate in at least two Theatre Arts Department main season productions as an actor or a technician.
- Must complete at least three credits in Theatre per year.
- Candidate should remain in good academic standing with the College, minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Audition (Actors Only): Applicants are asked to perform one monologue, 2 to 2.5 minutes in length, from a theatrical play of their choice. Film monologues are not accepted. Applicants are recommended to avoid extreme characterizations so that their personal essence may be conveyed. Simple hand props are encouraged, however, costumes and elaborate props are not appropriate.
- Headshot (Actors Only): in JPG format.
- Theatre Instructor Recommendation: Ask a theatre teacher, director, or private theatre instructor to agree to submit the online Talent Scholarship Instructor Recommendation. The Instructor Recommendation is due on the same date as your Talent Scholarship Application, so it is critical that you start this process early to provide your instructor with sufficient lead time.
- Tech Portfolio (Tech Only): After submitting the Talent Application, you must get in contact with Theatre Professor Brian Reed at email@example.com to discuss how to prepare and submit this portfolio.