Details about The World Academy of Sciences TWAS Prizes 2022
The World Academy of Sciences TWAS Prizes 2022 is offered for Post Doc, Research Fellow/ Scientist degree in the field of Agricultural Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Physics & Social Sciences. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Mar 2018. This scholarship is provided by The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, $10,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to developing countries nationals.
- Deadline: 15 Mar 2018
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, $10,000
Eligibility for TWAS Prizes:
- The scientists, working and living in a developing country for at least ten years are eligible for TWAS Prizes.
- Applicants of TWAS Prizes must have contributed to sustainable development by application of science and technology.
- Have also contributed to the development of scientific thought by Scientific research.
- TWAS members and candidates for TWAS membership are not eligible for TWAS Prizes.
- Nominations for TWAS Prizes should not be self-made.
The following information/material is required for the nomination:
- Contact details of the nominator and nominee
- A suggested citation limited to 20-25 words focussing the scientific achievements of the nominee.
- Supporting statement describing the work done by the nominee and its significance and justification to its outstanding nature.
- A narration of the biographical sketch of the nominee should be submitted and information about time spent abroad of the home country in the past ten years is to be clearly provided.
- Degrees obtained, professional appointments, membership in academies and societies.
- List of 12 most significant publications in an internationally acceptable format.
- H-index (preference is given to the "h-index in Google Scholar) and a number of citations.
- Contact details including email addresses of five referees covering a wide geographical distribution.
- CV of the nominee and her/his complete list of publications.
- Authorization from the nominee to process his/her personal data for the purposes of his/her nomination.
The awardees are selected based on the scientific merit and also the recommendations of the selection committees composed of TWAS members. The prize is accompanied by a medal.