Details about The Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowships, 2020
The Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowships, 2020 is offered for Research Fellow/ Scientist degree in the field of SI collections, experts, or facilities. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Nov 2019. This scholarship is provided by Smithsonian Institute and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, $32,700 plus $4,000 towards research allowance . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities .
- Deadline: 01 Nov 2019
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, $32,700 plus $4,000 towards research allowance
The Smithsonian Institution is offering graduate fellowships to the US and the non-US citizens. The fellowships are given to scholars for conducting independent research at the Smithsonian’s 19 units and research centers.
Eligibility of Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowships:
- The applicants for the Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowships, 2020 can be either the US or the non-US citizens.
- The candidates whose native language is not English should have to be fluent in English.
- The past or current fellowship recipients are eligible to apply.
- The employee or contractor of the Smithsonian Institution should not hold a Smithsonian fellowship during their employment or contract.
- The Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowships will not be given to the person who has been employed by the institution in the previous year without the prior approval of the Office of Fellowships.
- The Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowships are 3 to 12 months in length.
- The Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowships should be enrolled as Ph.D. or its equivalent.
- The university should approve the undertaking of dissertation research before the beginning of the Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowship.
How to apply
- The candidates applying the Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowships, 2020 should propose a research to be conducted at the Smithsonian and should contact the staff members to determine the research feasibility, help identify potential advisors, and determine the availability of the resources such as collections, library materials, staff, and archives.
- The applicants should submit a research proposal with full research statement and address the methodology, goals, potential co-advisors identification, Smithsonian’s research staff member's identification, and justification for conducting research.
- The candidates should also submit a curriculum vitae, official transcripts, and abstract not more than 1 page.
- The applicants should also submit a timetable for the research, budget, bibliography and contact details of two referees.
- The candidates applying for the Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowships, 2020 will be assessed based on their research proposal's merit and their ability to carry out the research.
- The applicants will also be evaluated based on the extent to which the Smithsonian can contribute to the research.
Value of the fellowship
- The recipients get $32,700 annually and research allowance up to $4,000 total.
Deadline for The Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowships, 2020:
- The last date to apply for The Smithsonian Institution Predoctoral Student Fellowship in the year 2020 is 1st November 2019.