Details about Swansea University International Music Awards, 2021
Swansea University International Music Awards, 2021 is offered for Bachelors degree in the field of Music. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Apr 2021. This scholarship is provided by Swansea University and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, up to £650 . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Deadline: 01 Apr 2021
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, up to £650
Swansea University music scholarship scheme is designed to support the scholar's development as a musician, within the context of our ensembles and choirs and the broader musical life of the city. The main part of the scholarship is given as instrumental or vocal tuition, plus a modest bursary. In return, we expect scholars to fully commit to participating in one or more of our choirs and ensembles.
Swansea University International Music Awards, 2021 offers three types of scholarship:
Instrumental Scholarship – awarded to instrumentalists, who are generally expected to play in one or more of the main ensembles (Orchestra, Wind Orchestra, Big Band);
University Choral Scholarship – awarded to singers, who are expected to sing in the Choral Society’s main choir and/or the Chamber Choir;
St Mary’s Choral or Organ Scholarship – awarded to singers or organists, who are expected to participate in the music of St Mary’s Church, Swansea. These are funded jointly between the University, St Mary’s Church and the Swansea St Mary’s Choral Trust (SSMCT), so the arrangements are slightly different from the other two types of scholarship.
Eligibility criteria for the Swansea University International Music Awards, 2021:
- Scholarships are available to full-time students at Swansea University enrolled on taught degree programmes.
- Scholarships are not available to exchange students or students enrolled on courses lasting less than one academic year.
- Scholarships are not available to students enrolled on research degrees.
- Only one music scholarship may be held at any time.
- A music scholarship may not be held concurrently with a sport scholarship.
- Instrumentalists (apart from organists and pianists) must be able to supply their own instruments.
Value of the Swansea University International Music Awards, 2021:
Scholars receive the following benefits:
- Up to fifteen hours of individual tuition per year in their instrument or voice
- An annual bursary of £300 (Instrumental and University Choral Scholars), or £650 (St Mary's Scholars)
Deadline of the Swansea University International Music Awards, 2021:
The last date to apply for the Swansea University International Music Awards, 2021 is 1st April 2021.