Details about Simons African Fellowship Program 2021
Simons African Fellowship Program 2021 is offered for Training & Short courses, Conferences & Travel Grants degree in the field of Mathematics. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Jul 2021. This scholarship is provided by Simons Foundation and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Travel costs, visa, living, accommodation costs, etc upto USD 5,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to selected African countries.
- Deadline: 15 Jul 2021
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Travel costs, visa, living, accommodation costs, etc upto USD 5,000
The IMU – Simons African Fellowship Program is funded by the Simons Foundation, NY, USA and supports research sabbaticals for mathematicians from African developing countries employed in Africa to travel to an internationally known mathematical center of excellence (worldwide) for collaborative research
Eligibility criteria for Simons African Fellowship Program, 2021:
- Applicants of Simons African Fellowship Program, 2019 must hold a valid doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in mathematics.
- Candidates applying for Simons African Fellowship Program, 2019 must be based in one of the developing countries(Countries whose Gross National Income per Capita (GNI) is less than 11,000 USD) of Africa.
- Applicants must be working as a mathematician in either a faculty of a university or an equivalent higher education institution.
- Contact with a mathematician in the host institution in mathematical center of excellence worldwide must be established by the applicants and must also have a definite research plan with the host.
- Appropriate leave of absence must be granted by the applicants' home institutions which will cover the period of the visit.
- A formal letter of invitation from the host institution which clearly specifies the period of the (short) research visit, as well as the extent of its financial commitment and support, should accompany the application form.
- One month would be considered as the minimal length of a visit.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of both the host Professor and the applicant must be submitted which must include a selected list of publications. (Max. 3 pages).
- A detailed Research program which should include expected interaction with local mathematicians and Ph.D. students, the general aim of the visit, schedule of the research visit.
- Budget details (in EURO)(detailed draft of the approximate spending).
- A formal letter of invitation from the host institution.
- A formal letter from the home institution.
- The grantee has to submit a detailed financial report and has to send all invoices and boarding tickets to the IMU Secretariat (in original by post) six weeks after the end of the visit.
- A minimum of 3 pictures must be sent by the grantee during the visit to the CDC website.
Value of Simons African Fellowship Program, 2021:
The successful applicants of Simons African Fellowship Program, 2021 will receive up to $5,000 which includes:
- Travel costs
- Visa costs
- Travel insurance charges
- Living allowances
Deadline for Simons African Fellowship Program, 2021:
The last date to apply for Simons African Fellowship Program, 2021 is 15th July 2021.